PDA

View Full Version : DT Runes = Bound to Account? :)

h4x0r1f1c
09-25-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm glad with the changes they're making to Dragontouched crafting in Update 7.

But.. I'd much rather farm Prey the Hunter on my caster instead of taking my melee in there.

How does everyone feel about the DT runes being bount to account, instead of toon?

heyytoi
09-25-2010, 06:12 PM
lead your groups and take the caster spot

edit : game is alrdy way too easy imo

Freeman
09-25-2010, 06:14 PM
No, not really much point to it. The quests are already easy enough to solo on just about any char.(Kobold was the exception, but I believe it will be in line with the others after this update with the changes to the end fight) Besides, with the runes being ID'd now, it will be more beneficial to bring more people, to increase the chance of getting what you want anyway, making solo runs less efficient.

k1ngp1n
09-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm glad with the changes they're making to Dragontouched crafting in Update 7.

But.. I'd much rather farm Prey the Hunter on my caster instead of taking my melee in there.

How does everyone feel about the DT runes being bount to account, instead of toon?

IMO, no. It is so ridiculously easy now to pimp out your DT in U7. DT is still for most the best armor until epic gear. It shouldn't be passed down by an upper level or other character.

lugoman
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Most posts in this thread talk about how easy the quest are and I agree, but what does that have to do with making the runes bound to account? Grind does not equate to difficulty. If someone wants to get the runes on a paly instead of a fighter, why do you care? Making the game more convenient (not easier) would make people more likely to keep playing. Long grinds in easy quests/raids is not any indication of how good you are as a player, just how consistently you play. Making a min II gs weapon or getting your dt armor completed isn't hard, it's just boring.

Uska
09-25-2010, 07:10 PM
/no only the character who earn the runes should get them.

SisAmethyst
09-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Most posts in this thread talk about how easy the quest are and I agree, but what does that have to do with making the runes bound to account? Grind does not equate to difficulty. If someone wants to get the runes on a paly instead of a fighter, why do you care? Making the game more convenient (not easier) would make people more likely to keep playing. Long grinds in easy quests/raids is not any indication of how good you are as a player, just how consistently you play. Making a min II gs weapon or getting your dt armor completed isn't hard, it's just boring.

Because if you want them on your Paladin instead of your Fighter it does mean you have to run that Quest again. Further to increase the chance that your desired Rune is dropping you will probably take some other player along with you. THAT is exactly what is desired by that, as this game is a party based MMO and it is good that way as you actually have to run content.

h4x0r1f1c
09-25-2010, 09:04 PM

This.

binnsr
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
This.

ditto

SINIBYTE
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM

Agreed.

Time sinks are 'teh suck'.

flynnjsw
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
This.

ditto

Agreed.

Time sinks are 'teh suck'.

The problem is though that without the time sink, you have other characters that are OP. In essence it would be like having GS items/weapons being BtA.
Personally now that they are going to be identified, I will have no issues running it on all characters to get what I want.

rimble
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't really see it any different from the Shroud (and that's actual raid gear, not just a simple quest grind). You can buy everything you need, just got to run it once to craft (ok, assuming you get that Power Shard). A valuable currency has sprung up around Shroud ingredients. I think that's a good thing.

I see this as the same...you need to run the entire chain once to even get your base armor, but after that, I don't see a problem buying what you want. I think more forms of 'currency' like this are a good thing. Sure, they're much more available than Shroud ingredients (since you can grind them out without a timer if you want), so they'll probably end up as a lesser currency to Shroud ingredients, but still be interesting to the economy I think.

What I'm getting at is, I wouldn't even be against unbinding them altogether. Really not sure why they are in the first place.

Tobril
09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
/signed

Grinding isn't fun.

Also, DT is 16th level so it's not all that "twink" as someone stated earlier.

You also have to "earn" your way into SoS to get the armor.

I think BtA would actually INCREASE how often these quests are ran, as well as the likelihood of doing so with a full group.