PDA

View Full Version : Str vs Dex

Holymosher
09-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Well basically just finished capping fighter to 20 and wanting to roll a drow sorc, I capped cha and rest went into con ( of course) now with the little I have left should I toss it in str or dex the dex help out ac? Or pointless and have to use str? MESSIAHS OF DDO DROW SORCS REVEAL YOURSELFES

kernal42
09-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Unless you plan to melee early levels, there's little point in putting str above 10. Dex is great for the reflex save if you can get into the 30s by end-game. Taking half damage most of the time is preferred for squishy drow sorcs. AC, on the other hand, will almost certainly be meaningless for you by level 10.

Cheers,
Kernal

Hobgoblin
09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
another 2 opts you might consider are wis for will saves (i dont personally recommend this but its there) or int for more skills

just my 2 cp

hob

HyperEye
09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
This does not belong in the suggestions forum.

Bacab
09-24-2010, 06:25 PM
STR because with a low STR you will be helpless a lot form ray of exhaustion

h4x0r1f1c
09-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Neither and I understand your mistake by thinking Suggestions was for getting people's suggestions but I think this belongs somewhere around Character Builds.

Anyway, if I didn't have Warforged I would go Human over Drow because..

1) They can look cooler if setup right.
2) A higher base CON.
3) More Racial Toughness enhancements.
4) You get 5 ability points from leveling 1-20 right? Well that's an odd number.
If any of your abilities become odd end-game, correct it with Human Adaptability.
(the 2nd one costs 6 AP and cannot be used on the same ability)
5) If you're 32pt build you won't have points wasted into STR, DEX, or INT.
6) You also get an extra feat.

weewoo0
09-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Neither and I understand your mistake by thinking Suggestions was for getting people's suggestions but I think this belongs somewhere around Character Builds.

Anyway, if I didn't have Warforged I would go Human over Drow because..

1) They can look cooler if setup right. but the human dance.... is so horrible... its scaring......
2) A higher base CON.
3) More Racial Toughness enhancements.
4) You get 5 ability points from leveling 1-20 right? Well that's an odd number.
If any of your abilities become odd end-game, correct it with Human Adaptability. maximum cha is more easily reached on a drow only need a +3 tome vs a human's +4
(the 2nd one costs 6 AP and cannot be used on the same ability)
5) If you're 32pt build you won't have points wasted into STR, DEX, or INT.
6) You also get an extra feat. depending on what you use it can be highly useful or really unnecessary

btw OP i'm slightly crazy so i went int ^^ UMD bluff concentration and beginning to pick up jump. bluff probably isn't needed but what if you don't have a rogue in your epic partycrashers!

Holymosher
09-24-2010, 07:25 PM
opps reason for suggestions was i was on ipad and it messed up, but ya im just wodering after, CON and Cha, where i put the rest whats the mosst useful?

h4x0r1f1c
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
opps reason for suggestions was i was on ipad and it messed up, but ya im just wodering after, CON and Cha, where i put the rest whats the mosst useful?

Most useful thing would be to reroll unless you don't have 32pt build.

STR pros:
You'll do better against STR damage. When your STR hits 0 you cannot cast. (Ray of Enfeeblement)
Minor chance-to-hit increase. (Most casters use two items which makes your chance-to-hit low.)

STR cons:
You aren't a melee.

DEX pros:
It helps your reflex save. (Exists via GH, Nightshield, Voice of the Master.. ect.)
A little AC. (Kobold protection.)

DEX cons:
It isn't into CON or CHA. (Wasted points.)