PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer and New Update

Zerkul
09-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Need a suggestion. I currently play a Nuke Build Sorcerer with endgame equipment big mana pool and discount metamagics. I currently have 38 DC on all spells even if i'm not builded for spell DCs. My question is, if someone can help me, will it still be sufficient in the new endgame coming up with half-orc update? Maybe with some area debuffing spells like fear (-2 area of effect saves) or something else? I'm not fully convinced to reincarnate archmage as i'm currently more than effective in epic quests and i don't like the idea of loosing the big firepower i wield right now. If someone can help i would appreciate that.

Cheers,
Z.

Aexicas
09-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Need a suggestion. I currently play a Nuke Build Sorcerer with endgame equipment big mana pool and discount metamagics. I currently have 38 DC on all spells even if i'm not builded for spell DCs. My question is, if someone can help me, will it still be sufficient in the new endgame coming up with half-orc update? Maybe with some area debuffing spells like fear (-2 area of effect saves) or something else? I'm not fully convinced to reincarnate archmage as i'm currently more than effective in epic quests and i don't like the idea of loosing the big firepower i wield right now. If someone can help i would appreciate that.

Cheers,
Z.

I'm not sure I totally understand what you're saying; are you worried about Epic DC's for the new quests? If that's the question, then my answer will be, "the DC's are pretty much in line with the rest of the Epic DC's".

So, if you can land them now, you should be able to land your spells in U7; U8 will probably be more of what you should be worried about, as it, per the devs, will be more higher level focused (though they haven't mentioned whether it'll be 19ish or if it'll be more like 16ish, that I've seen).

All in all, I think you should be good, but if you want the -for sure- route of landing your spells? Archmage is the way to go.

Zerkul
09-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes i'm worried about new epic mobs saves. Since i don't like the archamge at the moment (that would make me loose a lot of nuking power) i just wanted to know if my DCs will still work on new epic content. So far my gameplay have demonstrated that Sky High DCs can be compensated with skilled wise playing but since the gap between sorc and wizards spell dc is getting so high i'm worried that i wont be able to compensate that anymore if the new mobs saves will be out of my range.

Aexicas
09-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, then if you aren't having trouble now, you shouldn't have trouble with U7's content, in theory. On the converse, if you're having trouble now, then you probably will, still.

As a nukey sorc, though, you might not have to worry so much, particularly if you have something like ice lance lying around. Might not be too bad.