PDA

View Full Version : Put C.O.D. in the Mail System and make /tell IM Style

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I've been playing LOTRO and i noticed certain things there that they should put in DDO

1) Their Mailing system has a CASH ON DELIVERY function. If you attach an item to a mail they can't detach it unless they pay if you specified an amount.

2) the /tell there is IM style.

Ok.... I want to see these in Update 7.... DO IT NOW!

Bodic
09-23-2010, 01:33 PM
This is DDO not lotro ease off the Demands earn some clout first.

Tiamos
09-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Due to the current limits on mail, CoD would be limited to ~20k pp. Even for me, a new and therefore broke player, it hardly seems like 20k CoD is worth it.

Fomori
09-23-2010, 01:50 PM
1) Their Mailing system has a CASH ON DELIVERY function. If you attach an item to a mail they can't detach it unless they pay if you specified an amount.
Why would you need to charge someone to send them a mail? Its not like the non-instanced world of DDO is huge. If you dont trust someone to hold a transaction via mail it takes not more than 2-3 minutes to meet anywhere to handle it via trade.

2) the /tell there is IM style.
Tells in DDO work as they are. They are the standard style tell that has existed in MUDs/MMOs since the beginning. There is no major reason to need to hold a back and forth conversation IM style in DDO. Not once in DDO have I thought "you know, I need to hold a debate with someone via text. Nevermind I can do that via voice in game or with a third party program as is"

Ok.... I want to see these in Update 7.... DO IT NOW!
Lighten up Francis...

cdbd3rd
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Bodic... your reply is idiotic. Bodic, idiotic. HAHAHAHA!

+ rep to Bodic - may his Greenis some day come back to bite you.

:p

(In case someone else -neg's you, it wasn't me cuz I actually like your OP idea - tho the delivery could use some tweaking.)

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 02:16 PM
how do you keep track of your reputation btw? it doesn't seem to show up in user profile?

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
My delivery is fine. There are just alot of people who don't have a sense of humor and take themselves too seriously.

If I have to explain or defend why these things are needed that would just encourage their lack of intuition and empathy for other people. They won't learn to figure things out for themselves.

A lot of people are resistant to change and just want to maintain status quo.

If the Wright brothers listened to people like Bodic and Fomori they would have never gotten off the ground.

Good thing these people aren't on the dev team or work as interface designers.

cdbd3rd
09-23-2010, 04:07 PM
My delivery is fine. ....

(I was actually referring to your post #4 - which could be Frax bait should anyone feel grumpy today. I didn't phrase it well in a sentence mentioning the OP. My bad on that.)

;)

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 04:17 PM
hahaha sometimes you just gotta stick it to them you know!