PDA

View Full Version : Social Pane Options

h4x0r1f1c
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
When I sign in I always have to uncheck "Show groups I am not eligible for." and re-check "Hide Content I don't own" and I have to re-check "Hide Offline Friends".

I can understand why these are set this way by default (to show new users there are LFMs and other content) but when you've played for a while it's just another little thing that gets to you. (or me anyway)

If my preferences could be saved upon logout that would be cool. :) Also notice the "Show groups I am not eligible for." has a period at the end but "Hide Content I don't own" does not. That messes with my OCD so please add a period! (also does "Content" need to be capitalized?)

If it's not too difficult and the devs are bored I'd also like total earned renown for each member to be shown in the GUILD area with an average daily contribution next to it shown as a %.

OH! And please add a "Recruiter" rank and give the Guild Leader the option to check a "auto-recruiter" box which will automatically promote new members to Recruiters. (which can't kick like Officers can) - Just an idea!

Srozbun
09-20-2010, 06:01 PM
When I sign in I always have to uncheck "Show groups I am not eligible for." and re-check "Hide Content I don't own" and I have to re-check "Hide Offline Friends".

I can understand why these are set this way by default (to show new users there are LFMs and other content) but when you've played for a while it's just another little thing that gets to you. (or me anyway)

If my preferences could be saved upon logout that would be cool. :) Also notice the "Show groups I am not eligible for." has a period at the end but "Hide Content I don't own" does not. That messes with my OCD so please add a period! (also does "Content" need to be capitalized?)

If it's not too difficult and the devs are bored I'd also like total earned renown for each member to be shown in the GUILD area with an average daily contribution next to it shown as a %.

OH! And please add a "Recruiter" rank and give the Guild Leader the option to check a "auto-recruiter" box which will automatically promote new members to Recruiters. (which can't kick like Officers can) - Just an idea!

I like seeing groups I'm not eligible for. Lets me know what else is going on across the level ranges that my alts might want to join. Often people have LFMs where the selected quest or level ranges or available classes are wrong and they are too lazy/new to change it so you can miss out on those groups. Also you get to see funny/fail LMFs with 5 people waiting for a healer for stopping the sahaugin. I don't mind seeing people on my friends list who are not online. Reminds me I still have friends :P. I don't mind seeing content I don't own. Reminds me there are still packs out there I need to buy. But those are my preferences. To each their own

On the recruiter rank topic. Hands down NO. Recruiting can be done by the guild leader and the officers. The last thing we need is for Turbine to sponsor a system where new players can join a guild and begin recruiting left and right. We do not need to promote blind invites.

Phidius
09-20-2010, 06:13 PM
... But those are my preferences. To each their own...

I think the Op's point is that he's tired of specifying his preferences every time he logs in. I think it's reasonable to ask for your preferences to be remembered from your last session.

On the recruiter rank topic. Hands down NO. Recruiting can be done by the guild leader and the officers. The last thing we need is for Turbine to sponsor a system where new players can join a guild and begin recruiting left and right. We do not need to promote blind invites.

Agreed.

Fnordian
11-23-2010, 11:48 PM

I second this suggestion! My preferences are opposite to the default, which wouldn't matter to me if the values of the check boxes were saved when I log out...but they aren't.

Please consider storing this information when we log out. Please please please. :)