PDA

View Full Version : Better item control and management

FattyAcidTrip
09-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi, it would be a huge help to be able see how many items I have of something in my inventory in maybe a mouse-over popup or something like that when shopping at a vendor. It would also be very helpful if items could be more easily assorted and organized in inventory with one click button or auto-sort button. Also, I don't understand what system is used that determines what level scribing material is needed in order to inscribe spells, it doesn't say it on the scroll and it should. Thank you for your time.

QuantumFX
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Hi, it would be a huge help to be able see how many items I have of something in my inventory in maybe a mouse-over popup or something like that when shopping at a vendor. It would also be very helpful if items could be more easily assorted and organized in inventory with one click button or auto-sort button. Also, I don't understand what system is used that determines what level scribing material is needed in order to inscribe spells, it doesn't say it on the scroll and it should. Thank you for your time.

If the news from PAX is any indication your wish should be showing up in a few weeks.

iamsamoth0
09-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Welcome to DDO! I hope you love the game as much as we all. I understand your frustration with managing inventory. That idea of it displaying a total number in inventory is not so bad. I can picture only one or two ways that could be implemented off the top of my head. But, it is a thoughtful suggestion. Thankfully we will be getting an updated system to sort our belongings. I saw it at PAX, it's nice.
Your other question is simple enough. You need the equivalent level inscription material to write them in your spellbook. As for it appearing in the mouse-over that may be somewhat redundant. And sometimes extra information in these tool tips is not worth the trade off, which you may come to realize later in the game.
Other sources would be the DDO Compendium, or DDO wikki.

FattyAcidTrip
09-17-2010, 10:51 AM
If the news from PAX is any indication your wish should be showing up in a few weeks.

Thank you for your response, not sure what you are referencing but it sounds good so I look forward to it. :D

Welcome to DDO! I hope you love the game as much as we all. I understand your frustration with managing inventory. That idea of it displaying a total number in inventory is not so bad. I can picture only one or two ways that could be implemented off the top of my head. But, it is a thoughtful suggestion. Thankfully we will be getting an updated system to sort our belongings. I saw it at PAX, it's nice.
Your other question is simple enough. You need the equivalent level inscription material to write them in your spellbook. As for it appearing in the mouse-over that may be somewhat redundant. And sometimes extra information in these tool tips is not worth the trade off, which you may come to realize later in the game.
Other sources would be the DDO Compendium, or DDO wikki.

I do indeed love the game sir and thank you for responding. This updated system you guys are referring to sounds like it will do the trick. As for the inscription materials say I was trying to inscribe a 6th level spell (this happened last night) so I get the 6th level spell inscription materials and it says it's not the right one. It could not be inscribed until I got the 5th level spell inscription materials. I'm not sure why or how it works but I'm sure it is something simple I am overlooking. Thank you again for your kind responses and have a great day!

iamsamoth0
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
The issue is clearer now for the inscription situation. It feels to me initially as a bug. If you could fill in some more information, maybe that would help. What spell exactly are(were) you attempting to write? What level is your character(toon)? Are you trying to scribe a divine spell of some sort, or one that may otherwise be outside the arcane realm?
As a wizard, the feat of spell inscription IIRC is all you need, it can not be improved upon. And you should be using the same level of inscription material to write it. You may want to consider reporting it as a bug, but maybe some research is in order.
To steal anothers thunder..See ya' in Stormreach. Toons in Sig....

FattyAcidTrip
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
The spell was Mass Repair and is with my other mass buff spells in level 6 spells tab. This has been the case for quite a few spells and never made sense to me so it just might very well be a bug. Going to go read about this update coming and check it out for myself, thanks. Oh and I am a level 12 necromancer.