PDA

View Full Version : Enabling an appropriate and measured response to public nuisance

Khimberlhyte
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Since it appears that the code for public areas is being beefed up in Update 7 with the public event in Deleras, I see an opportunity for Turbine to allow players a means of redress for a longstanding grievance.

Upon casting Camouflage or Waterbreathing in a public area, all other players in the zone are granted, for a period of two (2) minutes, full and unrestricted use of their entire spell list in addition to melee weapon damage of any type against the caster. The caster will be identified with a swirly symbol similar to a curse, but in another colour that screams "kill me".

The caster should also be granted an auto-resurrection ability, along with teleport lock, so that he can be killed repeatedly while being unable to leave the zone (other than disconnecting).

And don't give me that cr@p about the Dev's having more important features to add, and higher priorities. I can think of very few changes that would inspire more widespread glee.

That is all.

taurean430
09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd just be happy being able to dispel that silly stuff in public instances. But I'll take the ability to smackdown the offenders as second prize.

GreyRevan
09-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Since it appears that the code for public areas is being beefed up in Update 7 with the public event in Deleras, I see an opportunity for Turbine to allow players a means of redress for a longstanding grievance.

Upon casting Camouflage or Waterbreathing in a public area, all other players in the zone are granted, for a period of two (2) minutes, full and unrestricted use of their entire spell list in addition to melee weapon damage of any type against the caster. The caster will be identified with a swirly symbol similar to a curse, but in another colour that screams "kill me".

The caster should also be granted an auto-resurrection ability, along with teleport lock, so that he can be killed repeatedly while being unable to leave the zone (other than disconnecting).

And don't give me that cr@p about the Dev's having more important features to add, and higher priorities. I can think of very few changes that would inspire more widespread glee.

That is all.
Great post! Please, send the link to it directly to Fernando to speed up the implementation :D

Spookyaction
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Whats wrong with camouflage and water breathing ?

Zachski
09-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Camo makes you look ugly, I guess.

Water breathing... I guess players just hate having a halo. For some reason. Reminds them of Allods Online, I guess, lol.

My proposed solution: allow us to right click on a buff to get rid of it. Problem solved.

melkor1702
09-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Camo and Water Breathing are going to be cast a lot more in public spaces. :p

Dandonk
09-17-2010, 02:16 AM
I like that suggestion OP! :)

(Even though I've succumbed to the temptation to annoy guildies with it a few times)

Nysrock
09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Camo and Water Breathing are going to be cast a lot more in public spaces. :p

Who needs public spaces? Cast camo in Shroud and see how many complaints you get. :eek:

Kriogen
09-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Should be easy and quick to implement. Just flag camo-caster as a monster. :)

Nospheratus
09-17-2010, 03:27 AM
/signed

:D

Symar-FangofLloth
09-17-2010, 05:54 AM
I'd just be happy being able to dispel that silly stuff in public instances.

I'd like to be able to do it in quests, too. But this is the best solution. (Although not the most fun one, lol)

melkor1702
09-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Who needs public spaces? Cast camo in Shroud and see how many complaints you get. :eek:

Always, a shroud is destined to fail with out camo, water breathing and merfolks blessing. :D

Dunfalach
09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
When casting water breathing, it's important to be sure to target the warforged. It makes them feel more like part of fleshy society if you pretend they can breathe.

Asketes
09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
mass cammo sucks

but in the name of all that's good

how in the hell can you NOT love bubblehead? :confused:

Missing_Minds
09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Whats wrong with camouflage and water breathing ?

I've never had an issue with water breathing, but camouflage can and does cause migraines in people. My wife is one such person.

CrescentCalling_5
09-17-2010, 08:19 AM
God YES!

Now I can hit those jerks with a fireball or ten...

Dexol
09-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Camo has one of the greatest effects in the game, even when its gone, it stays skinned on your shield making it look uber, and for the low price of 0TP