PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a partial solution to the custom armor issue...

AZgreentea
09-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I say partial because it's more of a way to make changing your armor lore appropriate than a mechanical solution to modify the code.

Shiftweave (TM)

Shiftweave is a material that allows the wearer to change its appearance using their thoughts. Obviously that isnt profitable to Turbine, so you would probably have to implement a sigil you can buy in the DDO Store (and loot ingame, if not right away, then eventually) to make the changes.

Typically the number of transformations is limited. Not in quantity, but in variation. As described by Keith Baker in his Thorn of Breland series, the different outfits do not poses any attributes in themselves (unless the general appearance is helpful to the situation). All the manifestations of the Shiftweave maintain the original characteristics of the armor. This is different from things like Glamerweave and Darkweave. Shiftweave just looks different.

Now, my issue is that I dont know what kinds of armor you can make out of Shiftweave. Thorn always wore light armor.

I'm not saying that dying or staining your armor professionally isnt lore appropriate, but I cant imagine a common adventurer having that kind of skill. Well, unless they were an Artificer. That would mean some sort of crafting system would need to be placed in the game (or an existing one modified) to change the color. It seems simpler to me to have Shiftweave armors start to drop, along with the sigils, in current chests.

Therron
09-17-2010, 12:09 AM
I would just pop your armour in the stone of change with an item from ddo store or a collectable and pow random new skin

Alabore
09-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I say partial because it's more of a way to make changing your armor lore appropriate than a mechanical solution to modify the code.
Shiftweave (TM)

Interesting idea.

+1.

:)

Incidentally, reminds me of appearance slots from LOTRO.