PDA

View Full Version : Cleric and Bard enchancements

Eizer
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Hello,

While testing things with the DDO character planner with a Cleric/Bard build, I saw that you could take some enhancement from the same category but not some of the others. In example: You can take Bard Lyric of Song and Cleric Prayer of Life. The first one affects Healing and Sonic while the second one affects Healing and Negative so I thought that it actually makes sense being able to take both of them. I presume the healing bonus doesn't stack and only takes the strongest or something in the genre. It is also the same thing with Bard Lyric of Incredible Song and Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life. Again, it does make sense to me that you can take both for the same reason listed above.

Then, I saw that you could not take Bard Song Magic and Cleric Life Magic at the same time. It kinda surprised me at first seeing that the same logic as above should apply to these two lines of enhancements. I doubled checked the description of it and it still says that one affects Healing and Sonic while the other affects Healing and Negative. My first guess would be that is is intentional to block the use of both the Cleric Radiant Servant and Bard Spellsinger Prestige enhancement at the same time. Although I never took a look at it before the Cleric Radiant Servant came out, so I cannot say if it was this way before or not. I do remember reading somewhere that you couldn't take Paladin Defender of Siberys and Fighter Stalwart Defender at the same time but I always thought it was because they were very similar in terms of Prestige Enhancements. But then, I could be very wrong about it.

So my question is: Were these two lines locked for this reason or is it this way because it is the way it is? I'll also would like to have them unlocked to actually try these two Prestige Enhancements together but I'll doubt that would happen, haha.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

-Eizer

AylinIsAwesome
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
There's no real point to using the Negative Energy spells.

Harm is the best one, but will only hit for 285...which is about as much as a Blade Barrier would hit everyone for.

I haven't taken a Bard very far up, but I imagine that the Sonic spells wouldn't be gamebreaking either.

Eizer
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Negative Energy Spells are indeed a bit lacking on the Cleric with harm getting first place in terms of usefulness. While Blade Barrier do make more Damage in the long run, Harm helps bringing these casters down quicker, my Harm can crits up to 600 damage but will leave them with one Hitpoint since it is the way the spell is supposed to work. And with the rise of the Plae Master, with their Undead form, it serve as a good backup "Heal" spell in those kind of situation. I must agree that it is way more of a situational spell than Blade Barrier but it still gets the job done if you can time it right.

I've never leveled a Bard high enough to say which sonic spell could be useful, except for the Soundburst which the Cleric get access to. Even then damage isn't much of a issue for that spell. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think that there is many Sonic spells to begin with.

Back to the point, taking both lines wouldn't be much for the damage in my opinion. It would be simply be able to Take both the Radiant Servant and Spellsinger a the same time.

-Eizer

richieelias27
09-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Dont place all your faith into the character planner for things like that. Test it in-game first. I'm currently at work or I'd test it myself.

Eizer
09-16-2010, 04:33 PM
After reading your post, I went to make a quick Cleric/Bard to test it myself. Made a quick level 4 split and saw that they were indeed not locked together but in two separate lines. In other words, you were right about me putting too much faith on the character planner.

I would have to level this character to atleast level 12 to confirm if the Radiant Servant/Spellsinger prestige can be taken together but seeing both lines can be indeed taken, I think all the other requirements should be reachable.

Thanks for your help,

-Eizer

kaleid0star
09-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Wow, if it is possible to get both radiant servant and spellslinger, that would be awesome, please let us know if this works