PDA

View Full Version : Why do you feel your server is the best to play on?

Morphine73
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I am wondering why people chose and play on this server? What makes this server the best for people to start on? I am a newb. I am wondering if this server would be better for me to play on?

crazy7381
09-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Not sure if there is a "best server" persay however this one was the one I started on the ppl are very helpful although I cant speak for other servers as this is the only one I am on. Every question I have had is usually answered really quick. But in actuallity it is up to you to test the waters. No one can teach you to swim until you dive in.

Quazicotl lev 11 rogue

Crazyfruit
09-10-2010, 12:35 PM
This server probably has (or had) the most people around your skill level.

It was really nice when Orien opened. All the new players were pointed towards it as a place to start, and the few of us from others who came here got to teach everyone lots of stuff. It's still like that at low levels.

The main difference between Orien and other servers is how character-bound loot is handled. "Your loot is your loot, then your friend's if you don't want it, or maybe auction it to the group" is the standard way on them. Here, if someone gets something they don't want, it's almost always offered up to the rest of the team freely.

Orien's also nice to play with people who don't "expect such and such from a character/class" - for example, I had a wizard who fought with her sword and intentionally didn't take the best damage/most exploited spell in the game. On other servers that wouldn't have went over so well hehe.

Unfortunately that's been changing lately, and not for the better. If you try here as a (non-ranged) ranger for example or almost anything multiclassed expect to have a hard time grouping :(

Most servers are almost identical to each other, though on Sarlona you'll run into a lot of chinese players (nice, but hard to communicate with at first). I recommend trying each server until level 6 as a different class. You'll get a lot of extra Turbine Points, and know which character type/server you'd prefer playing for the rest of the game.

Morphine73
09-11-2010, 04:40 AM
I posted this question on every server. I have been playing on Cannith mostly but in the last few days I looked at numbers. Mostly the amount of post per server thread. Cannith is the second lowest post count and I am having a hard time finding people to play with. If I ask questions from people to know information about each server. I can better understand not only the game but the people that play in the game. Witch server may be the best fit for me. Then when I am better informed. It will be easier for me to pull in my friend that play other games at this point. People that I used to play paper and dice D&D but they all live in other states or countries. As you can see from my signature I am part of a guild but their numbers are low. If it is because they chose to be on a server that has a smaller amount of people on it maybe I can suggest that they start a guild in another server as well. The question as others have observed is multilayered. Not only will I get opinions of people that think their server is the best but I will also get people that will be rude or nice or some where in between. I can then gauge what sort of people play on each server.

I hope this answers any ones questions on why I "spamed" each server thread.

Khumbaaba
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I posted this question on every server. I have been playing on Cannith mostly but in the last few days I looked at numbers. Mostly the amount of post per server thread. Cannith is the second lowest post count and I am having a hard time finding people to play with. If I ask questions from people to know information about each server. I can better understand not only the game but the people that play in the game. Witch server may be the best fit for me. Then when I am better informed. It will be easier for me to pull in my friend that play other games at this point. People that I used to play paper and dice D&D but they all live in other states or countries. As you can see from my signature I am part of a guild but their numbers are low. If it is because they chose to be on a server that has a smaller amount of people on it maybe I can suggest that they start a guild in another server as well. The question as others have observed is multilayered. Not only will I get opinions of people that think their server is the best but I will also get people that will be rude or nice or some where in between. I can then gauge what sort of people play on each server.

I hope this answers any ones questions on why I "spamed" each server thread.

I started this past summer in a static group with old friends who live in other provinces (Canucks!) who used to play PnP. Orien has been great. Lots of helpful, patient people. We found a smaller guild as well that has been most helpful. I haven't had any really bad experiences with players on Orien, but I have heard a few funny pug stories.

Araxus on Orien