PDA

View Full Version : Honesty /honor check

Arteamis
08-30-2010, 07:49 AM
About 3 days ago someone(will not name the character) seemed desperate to pick up winter recipes. I had one, and it was no use to me. The character seemed busy, and my mastiff service dog had to go(when a 195lb dog has to go potty, you take them), so I just mailed them the item. I wrote for them to just send me what amount they thought was fair. So far, that amount is nothing.
Just curious, how many of you would send the amount you feel is fair, and how many of you would keep it without a thought or a thank you?

Antheal
08-30-2010, 07:56 AM
I'd send something back for sure.

Making a friend will always end up giving a greater benefit than making someone's "friends" list. Especially if you intend to actually play DDO all the way to end-game and not just grief random people for your own amusement.

Yazston_the_Invoker
08-30-2010, 08:22 AM
I would definitely send something back. Do unto others and all...

Besides, not reciprocating on a trade is just cheesy at best. Did you ever try to contact the guy again, or have you checked to see if his toon has even logged in/levelled since then?

PNellesen
08-30-2010, 08:45 AM
I would definitely send something, along with a very big Thank You, but then again I normally don't go around the server asking people for things either ;)

A guildie sent me, unasked and with no strings attached, a VERY nice shield the other day, and I returned it saying I already had one with similar stats, and that I wouldn't feel right putting a gift like that up on the AH. Sure, it's only a game, and ultimately it's all just magnetic domains on a spinning disk anyway, but I still think some simple rules of etiquette and honor apply here too.

stoerm
08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I'd obviously send something. I also try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was a newbie and didn't have the foresight to look in the Unconfirmed mail box, so your recipes have sat there unnoticed. I've had people send me stuff and I found it in the mail much later.

Bloodstealer
08-31-2010, 04:07 PM
About 3 days ago someone(will not name the character) seemed desperate to pick up winter recipes. I had one, and it was no use to me. The character seemed busy, and my mastiff service dog had to go(when a 195lb dog has to go potty, you take them), so I just mailed them the item. I wrote for them to just send me what amount they thought was fair. So far, that amount is nothing.
Just curious, how many of you would send the amount you feel is fair, and how many of you would keep it without a thought or a thank you?

Agree I would definately send something back.
But alas there are some scoundrels out there which take a different view.

Give the player the benefit of the doubt, contact them in game via mail or tells (u can use ur friends list to see if they r online, if they are not anom of course) - if still no reply then send a ticket into GM... then I guess move cos there isnt much else you can do im afraid.
Private trades can be risky, more so, if like recipes, they cant be openly traded, but luckily there are most likely 1000 decent players for every bad egg out there..i'd like to think so anyway :)

Good luck