PDA

View Full Version : raid Loot policies

Intension
08-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Reading a lot of thread about raid loot items and I think the time has come.

I’m asking for another bar in the lfm panel where you can show the policies for raid loot items

I would suggest the following options:

-TRing (aka greed before need): all the raiders are gonna TR sooner or later in another class then they will keep and place whatever they pull in their huge bank independently of their need/class restriction/benefits.

-GUILD (aka puggers die!): mostly guild run. We need few puggers to complete but, as puggers, you sucks then we will roll on both our and your loot within the guild name. No exception.

-FAIR (aka need before greed): the raiders will keep what they pull if they need it, put up for roll whatever they don’t need independently from friends/guildies. Only the classes that can have benefit from the loot can rol on it

-LEADER (aka I’ve lfm, I’ll choose): loot belong to the raid leader who will choose by his/her own taste how to assign them based on class, need, friendship, guildish or madness

-NO DRAMA (aka free raiding): everyone can do whatever he/she wants with his/her loots and noone will complain

-HEY! (aka ***) as NO DRAMA, you can do whatever you want with your loot but everyone in turn can choose to complain about your decision on it

-THE MORE THE BETTER (aka overwelming pugs): when an item is up for roll, someone who can’t use the item can roll on it and, in the case of win, pass it to his/her friend/guildies

Fell free to discuss and add you own option for raid loot policy

blitzschlag
08-27-2010, 06:29 AM
whats wrong with the existing loot system?

darktau
08-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Just and FYI they use to have Leader chooses who get the loot for the VON raid when it launched. It caused a lot of greif.

If you want to use an alternate looting system put it in your LFM note and inform people when they join.

Freeman
08-27-2010, 06:40 AM
How about we just keep it simple and use the existing one: if it doesn't drop for you, it isn't yours. Anything beyond that is up to the person it dropped for. LFM listings of rules wouldn't make people follow them, so you would still end up with the same drama you get now.

Sinni
08-27-2010, 06:44 AM
How about we just keep it simple and use the existing one: if it doesn't drop for you, it isn't yours. Anything beyond that is up to the person it dropped for. LFM listings of rules wouldn't make people follow them, so you would still end up with the same drama you get now.

this

Intension
08-27-2010, 07:36 AM
You attempt to hit Sarcasm
you roll (1)
Miss

oh, well...

Yazston_the_Invoker
08-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I never understood why people get so upset about loot. Whomever it drops for can do with it how they wish...

I've had 2 instances before where I could have whined about loot. (or could have contributed to drama)

1) I have a Kensai Fighter, who is waiting for some gear before I TR him into a stalwart defender/intimitank. One of those pieces of gear is Cinder's Band. So far, I have only seen this ring drop ONCE in ToD. That one time, it dropped for another fighter in group, whom I believe is a multiclass kensai as well. Now, I'm not sure why he needed it, if he was planning on a TR himself, or if he just liked the stats, but after I asked if he needed it, he said, yes, that he would take it.

Did I get upset? No. Why? It dropped for him, and it was his to do with as he wishes.

2) I have an exploiter, whom I am trying ot get fully geared so that I can actually have a meaningful AC. In one ToD, a +4 WIS tome drops, which would be nice to have, as it would max out my WIS and give me another +1 AC without taking up a gear slot. In this case, however, there was a pure cleric in the group, and the tome was pretty much passed to him without question, and with no mention of rolls. (nobody in-group besides the 2 of us would have gotten any great benefit from it)

Did I get upset? No. Why? It dropped for someone else, and they decided that a cleric would find it more useful.

In both of these cases, I saw no reason at all to be bothered by not getting the loot...it wasn't my loot. In fact, in the 2nd case, I may have even passed the tome to the cleric, since he is a good guy and deserved it for doing a great job keeping us up in that run, AND he is a cleric and WIS is his primary stat. :D

Seriously, though...if everyone would simply stop worrying about the loot that drops for everyone else, then this would not be an issue. This is a game, and you will have more chances to get items that you either want or need, and if you have a problem with what a certain person does with their loot, you can simply choose not to run with them anymore. There does not need to be ANY drama, and there should not need to be any rules.

That's my opinion, anyway... :p

Clay
08-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I concur with the /fail on sarcasm.

Only thing I get out of it is a whiny tone indicating that you feel you were deserving of some loot but some one rolled, won, and passed it to a buddy.

Freeman has it right.

Yazston_the_Invoker
08-27-2010, 08:07 AM
I concur with the /fail on sarcasm.

Only thing I get out of it is a whiny tone indicating that you feel you were deserving of some loot but some one rolled, won, and passed it to a buddy.

Freeman has it right.

^^^ This.

There are too many of these posts...if you had made your sarcasm check, your post would have been much more outrageous. As it stands, I have seen serious posts that were worse... :p