PDA

View Full Version : /Ransack!

Bacab
08-27-2010, 02:18 AM
So I read the BEST thread all month here...
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=270822

Please read this and post in it...

Anyway I came up with a suggestion...and I am wondering if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

Anyway I would LOVE a command like this... /ransack.

It would work like /quest or /quest completion as in it would tell you the time needed until you were no longer ransacked on a certain chest.

If this command already exists...and I just happen to not know how to check it...please let me know how to check.

Lithic
08-27-2010, 03:49 AM
The only way I could see such a command work would be that /ransack returns a list of quests where any chest is ransacked at the time, and shows the time left before the most ransacked chest resets. The individual chests would not show individual timers. Otherwise you could get up to 10+ items in the list just for a single quest like irestone inlet.

I don't think we really need this system in place though, as anyone who cares about a ransacked chest will keep track (if not the first time you ransack it, then later ransack cycles), and anyway with the state of loot right now how often do people ransack chests due to a loot run, rather than due to running 6xnorm/H/E for exp while TRing? The only ones I can think of in recent times are the ever usefull bloodstone/greaves chests, and a certain someone was ransacking the dreaming dark quests for essences to upgrade his full set of ioun stones.

Celestialbeast
08-27-2010, 04:08 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=241054

Suggested this a few months ago. Nothing spectacular in there but a few replies, most notably from Mem. In short

/signed

rimble
08-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, the UI needs an overhaul, we need more info. In particular, overhaul the favor page. Let us know how many times we've run a quest, if we've run it on C/N/H/E, and if it or any chests in it are on ransack (not ALL the chests in it, they can't keep track of everything, but is ANY chest in it on ransack? Yes or No?). /quest and /quest completion should also be incorporated, and not hiding behind an obscure CLI.