PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System Suggestion

Joseph
08-25-2010, 06:25 PM
The current reputation system is lacking a critical element in that it does not offer any form of understanding as to why reputation was adjusted by the peer group.

Much like an old Kung Fu movie where the hero constantly gets his or her arse kicked by the 'master' without understanding why, players are left to learn from ambiguous or vague interpretations of the proper execution style of the double reverse flying crane kick. This continues until they realize that the real reason they are not allowed in the Kung Fu school of 'reputation system' is not because they have failed to learn, but because Chuck Norris was already there, and no one can ever be as great as him.

Then, of course, is the fact that if said peer group is acting in a malicious or unethical manner and inappropriately adding or detracting from reputation, there is no metric for us mere mortals to track it. Instead we must rely on the great god Tolero to answer our prayers for rain (not that the great god Tolero ever misses anything - but it makes things much easier for gods and supplicants when prayers change from 'please make my life better' to 'the new Knight XV (http://www.conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html) would make my life much better').

A very straightforward fix to this would be the addition of a mandatory box that said 'reason for adjusting reputation' (much like the optional 'reason for editing' box).

This would serve two purposes, in that it would give players who have received negative or positive reputation a reason for understanding why, and it would give Tolero a better tool to deal with those who had falsely given positive or negative reputation.

Really - this is a serious post - otherwise I would have used Star Wars references and replaced all references to 'Kung Fu' and 'Master' with 'The Force' and 'Master Yoda'.

Visty
08-26-2010, 06:25 AM
as it got introduced they already said that the comment boxes werent liked in the testing so they left it out

Joseph
08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the answer Visty :)