PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to some....

Khanyth
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Recently, I've been afk-logged out while in a group, and for that I wanted to express my regrets for that happening.

My wife and I had a baby on April 1st and things have been awesome and still are awesome. However, that dictates that sometimes, I need to help at short notice... and often times, that short notice is enough for me to mute my mike, type afk... gotta help wife and baby and go. Particularly right now, we are trying to teach my girl to sleep now, and some of the strategies are particularly difficult on her (and us as parents) to do.

100% people who I've had to do this too have been appreciative and supportive and I thank them.

To those I've done it to in the past... sorry
To those I've done it to recently (Vyking and Kvjasdfjsadfjaslkdjflasjhgfjhadsgjhajkghasdjkhgahg most recently) ... sorry.
To those I will do it to in the future... sorry

Please know that I'm not doing it to be a **** or drop group or **** like that. It's because I have a wife who's stressed to her limit with a colicy baby and sometimes needs me to take over and do things for her or console her when she too is crying. Or I have a daughter who's just done a back blaster... a side blaster... or my personal favorite...a crib blaster or just needs me now more than I need to play DDO.

Thanks... just had to get that off my chest.

Please know that it's legit and not fake

- Khanyth

Cupcake
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Recently, I've been afk-logged out while in a group, and for that I wanted to express my regrets for that happening.

My wife and I had a baby on April 1st and things have been awesome and still are awesome. However, that dictates that sometimes, I need to help at short notice... and often times, that short notice is enough for me to mute my mike, type afk... gotta help wife and baby and go. Particularly right now, we are trying to teach my girl to sleep now, and some of the strategies are particularly difficult on her (and us as parents) to do.

100% people who I've had to do this too have been appreciative and supportive and I thank them.

To those I've done it to in the past... sorry
To those I've done it to recently (Vyking and Kvjasdfjsadfjaslkdjflasjhgfjhadsgjhajkghasdjkhgahg most recently) ... sorry.
To those I will do it to in the future... sorry

Please know that I'm not doing it to be a **** or drop group or **** like that. It's because I have a wife who's stressed to her limit with a colicy baby and sometimes needs me to take over and do things for her or console her when she too is crying. Or I have a daughter who's just done a back blaster... a side blaster... or my personal favorite...a crib blaster or just needs me now more than I need to play DDO.

Thanks... just had to get that off my chest.

Please know that it's legit and not fake

- Khanyth

I always say, family first.

Just one of those times I wish we had "follow" so you could stay with the group LOL.

Crazyfruit
08-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Kwjasdfjsadfjaslkdjflasjhgfjhadsgjhajkghasdjkhgahg

Lol, that's me.

No worries man - you did warn us you had baby issues at the time :)

porq
08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Family comes first, of course.

Kvjasdfjsadfjaslkdjflasjhgfjhadsgjhajkghasdjkhgahg

I'll have to use this for my next character name.

Edit: April 1st birthday? I see potential for some birthday pranks down the road :D

LordMond
08-25-2010, 07:09 PM
>sigh<

In the Olde Dayes, we had Paregoric to deal with that problem.....but then we didn't have DDO (heck we barely had computers). In a perfect world, we'd have BOTH.

One step forward, one step back.

Given your explanation, anyone that takes offense...well you're better off not grouping with such players.

WestportStan
08-26-2010, 09:22 AM

My wife and I had a baby on April 1st
- Khanyth

You know the drill.
Screen Shots or it didn't happen.
:D

Khanyth
08-26-2010, 11:24 AM
You know the drill.
Screen Shots or it didn't happen.
:D

It won't let me post attachments otherwise I would.

And thanks for the understanding all. I know real life takes precedence, but for me, it sucks that I commit to doing something only to not be able to in the end

PNellesen
08-26-2010, 12:44 PM
And thanks for the understanding all. I know real life takes precedence, but for me, it sucks that I commit to doing something only to not be able to in the end

Most "adults" understand this, and have no problems if you have to go afk in the middle of a quest (at least the ones I've run with didn't). I've stayed in more than one dungeon after finishing a quest to allow someone who had to go afk to come back and get their loot because Real Life got in the way of what's REALLY important ;)

TrinityTurtle
08-29-2010, 08:10 AM
It's creepy how thrilled I was to read this post, but I had just read some more articles about parents neglecting their children for games in awful ways, and the world can be ugly. So massive turtle respect to parents who know what matters. And Congrats on your bundle! May she join the ranks of future gamers someday. : )

twix
08-29-2010, 10:53 AM
While im in the same mind state as you when i commit to something i like to follow through ,but my son comes first.I dont feel bad for afking to help with my son.Im a new father also of a 6 month old now and id agree its one of the coolest things ever!

We got lucky with our son hes been sleeping all night since the first week out the hospital. We were only up late once because he had really bad gas and was crying a lot.Other then that he falls asleep in his own crib around 9 and sleeps all the way through until about 7 am.All our family's tell us how lucky we are.Apparently MY father wasnt so lucky with me :D since i like to share pics of him here he is :
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/criminalhaze/07-17-10_1733.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/criminalhaze/happybabyboy.jpg

OkapiMaes
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
That baby clearly has a high charisma score. Absolutely adorable

twix
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
That baby clearly has a high charisma score. Absolutely adorable

Thank you very much ! He is quite the cutie if i do say so myself ;)

karl_k0ch
08-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Lol, that's me.

No worries man - you did warn us you had baby issues at the time :)

When I read the OP, I was suspecting that he meant kwiz. It's nice to be sure. :)

Khanyth
08-30-2010, 09:15 AM
how do I post attachments? Is it a rep thing or is it a post count thing or is it just me or some option I don't have

karl_k0ch
08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Neither. I guess, attachments are disabled.

But if you want to know what twix did, I suspect he did the following.
1. Upload the pictures at photobucket or a similar image sharing site
2. Use the IMG-tag with the adress of the uploaded picture.

The pictures are stored somewhere else, but can be put into your posts.

Khanyth
08-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Neither. I guess, attachments are disabled.

But if you want to know what twix did, I suspect he did the following.
1. Upload the pictures at photobucket or a similar image sharing site
2. Use the IMG-tag with the adress of the uploaded picture.

The pictures are stored somewhere else, but can be put into your posts.

Like this:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/MrHs_Bucket/100_0829.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/MrHs_Bucket/100_0757.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/MrHs_Bucket/100_0560.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/MrHs_Bucket/100_0895.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/MrHs_Bucket/100_1038.jpg