PDA

View Full Version : Temples

Meretrix
08-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I never liked the idea of divine casters swapping spells in a tavern, instead they should have temples across the city. Instead of buying booze and pork you could tithe to get hp/sp back.

This would also be the only place (besides shrines) where they could swap out their spells. They also have a spell "word of recall" that takes you to a (silver flame? i think) temple, maybe they could have different locations for different faiths.

Faelyndel
08-22-2010, 01:04 AM
I like the idea in theory. From a roleplay, flavour point of view, it makes sense. However from a gameplay standpoint, I don't know whether or not clerics / favored souls (/ paladins?) would appreciate having to go to a different place than everyone else to swap their spells.

The temple you're thinking of with Word of Recall is the Sovereign Host Temple in House Deneith. I do really like the idea of different temples for different faiths if something like this were ever implemented.

Hokiewa
08-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Pork is tasty and booze is thirst quenching. That being said, since domains don't exist in this game, tavern clerics serve as a bind point, and it would require yet another seperate instance that no one will go to....No...

Pew Pew Pew

phalaeo
08-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Pork is tasty

My Cleric is Jewish. ;)

rjedi
08-22-2010, 01:47 AM
My Cleric is Jewish. ;)

ooo ooo ooo *raises hand* can i have a pocket rabbi?

Memnir
08-22-2010, 02:15 AM
With the recent PUGs I've been having, my cleric needs to drink heavily these days... so swapping spells in the tavern just makes it a one stop shop kinda deal.

Mister_Peace
08-22-2010, 02:28 AM

From what little I know of Judaism, a pocket rabbi would be a wizard or bard hireling, not a cleric.

articwarrior
08-22-2010, 01:00 PM
lol pork and milk!

Ashurr
08-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I like the idea in theory. From a roleplay, flavour point of view, it makes sense. However from a gameplay standpoint, I don't know whether or not clerics / favored souls (/ paladins?) would appreciate having to go to a different place than everyone else to swap their spells.

The temple you're thinking of with Word of Recall is the Sovereign Host Temple in House Deneith. I do really like the idea of different temples for different faiths if something like this were ever implemented.

This ^

Pyromaniac
08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Evil temples, making sacrifices....sign me up!

Lorien_the_First_One
08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I never liked the idea of divine casters swapping spells in a tavern, instead they should have temples across the city. Instead of buying booze and pork you could tithe to get hp/sp back.

This would also be the only place (besides shrines) where they could swap out their spells.

This is inconsistant with D&D rules. "resting" allows you to start the morning with prayer wherever you are to regain your spells. While I'd have no problem with temples being added as additional rest places, any rest place is fine.

I think your assumption that holy men should avoid taverns is from a religion not represented on Eberron.

From what little I know of Judaism, a pocket rabbi would be a wizard or bard hireling, not a cleric.

Loremaster. They would have no magic.

Morningfrost
08-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Sure, just put the Rabbit in the T-remover (and see if someone is old enough to get this).