PDA

View Full Version : Stop making enemies that "hides"

Jay203
08-21-2010, 12:35 PM
seriously, can we stop getting enemies like the scorpions or the phase spiders that keeps "hiding" away with potential to glitch out and stay permanently in hiding?

either that or give them a LENGTHY cool down for their hiding ability >_>
ps: scorpions should NOT be able to burrow into concrete stone >=(

Consumer
08-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Or leave these enemies as they are and fix the bug that prevents them from reappearing.

Jay203
08-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Or leave these enemies as they are and fix the bug that prevents them from reappearing.

even then they're still annoying when they just pop out to hit once and then go phase back out
especially annoying when a door requires you to kill such named enemy to open >_>

Marcus-Hawkeye
08-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Actually i haven't had a serious bug with scorpions in a while come to think of it. The only issue I had was in Von3 with one of the death stalkers staying under until I stepped back for a few seconds.

Lithic
08-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Actually i haven't had a serious bug with scorpions in a while come to think of it. The only issue I had was in Von3 with one of the death stalkers staying under until I stepped back for a few seconds.

The most annoying example is in Xorian Cypher. The named scorpion often disappears for minutes at a time and won't come back. Unfortunately, by the time you realise that hes bugged like this your party has fallen into the pit and is now trapped behind a forcefield and closed gate until the scorpion finally decides to pop back in and die like a good little arachnid.

Thechemicals
08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Not sure playing a game where creatures dont have some kind of ability is fun.

Jay203
08-21-2010, 01:06 PM
The most annoying example is in Xorian Cypher. The named scorpion often disappears for minutes at a time and won't come back. Unfortunately, by the time you realise that hes bugged like this your party has fallen into the pit and is now trapped behind a forcefield and closed gate until the scorpion finally decides to pop back in and die like a good little arachnid.

:)

jkm
08-21-2010, 01:28 PM

how about DQ1 when you split up? one of hte scorps will aggro on someone in another hallway and won't take damage.

Slink
08-21-2010, 01:31 PM
:confused:

What did he hide from the firewall?

Sounds like a smart one to me.

How bout "Stop resorting to firewall when it comes to completing tasks in the game".
Yah, that sounds about right.

Angelus_dead
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
The most annoying example is in Xorian Cypher. The named scorpion often disappears for minutes at a time and won't come back.
Yes this is a bug, but it isn't that the monster enters a "bugged" state.

Scorpions unburrow a certain distance away from their aggro target. If that person is standing too close to a wall, then they'll move to a position inside that wall. Getting your party to move away from the scorp's last position and stand in the middle of the room will drag it back into the area where it can re-emerge.

AyumiAmakusa
08-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Does this apply to the Ogre Magi (I think they're called that) that 'phase out' into gas form or whatever you call it and don't reappear?

Jay203
08-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Does this apply to the Ogre Magi (I think they're called that) that 'phase out' into gas form or whatever you call it and don't reappear?

yah..
same goes for the bugbear assassins too

donfilibuster
08-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Scorpions are bugs, it's in their nature ;)

Aschbart
08-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Technically, the assassins should just turn invisible, not vanish into thin air. The Ogre Magi in PnP has both the ability to make himself invisible and to turn into gaseous form, so it's hard to tell what he does. But since I've never been able to hit any Ogre Magi during that phase I assume it's the latter.

I found that when my monk hits any of the mentioned mobs with a healing curse (putting a white sign above their head), the curse will remain visible for the scorpions (which it shouldn't be), but for both the assassins and the Ogre Magi the sign will remain visible for a short time and then vanish. I've never seen either of the two mob types pop up again with the curse still in place, so it seems they are cleansing themselves from it. So it's hard to tell where and how they do go when disappearing.

Anyways - whether or not there are buggy mobs - scorpions, phase spiders, and incorporeals all spend way too much time out of combat. I've found either sometimes appear and then disappear again without even trying to attack. This may reflect the preferred way of attacking for these kind of mobs, but it unneccessarily prolongs combat (and quests) packed with these monster types when they don't even engage into combat half the time.

IMHO, there needs to be a CD for disappearing that only starts ticking the moment these critters appear, giving combatants (both sides!) a chance to exchange a few blows each time.

Yellfor
08-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Yep Scorps, Magi Ogres, Assassins, and Phase Spiders that burrow/go gaseous/vanish for LONG periods of time or simply NEVER RETURN and bug out the quests are EXTREMELY ANNOYING! :mad:

But the vanishings that @#$%@% :eek: :mad: me off the most are:

The regular mobs (such as regular spiders, ogres, human, and drow,) none of which tunnel, phase, turn gaseous nor vanish such as assassins do. They quote HIDE unquote from in front of U after hitting U, making U loss target, nor can they be targeted. And they are harder to hit (they get the concealment bonus) EVEN THOUGH they were using the HIDE skill and not the invisible spell RIGHT IN FRONT OF U. :confused: :( :mad: U can be swinging at them or lobbing a spell and they just up and HIDE on U. (Sorry, I'm being redundant BUT #!$% IF IT DON'T @#$% ME OFF!!) :mad::mad:
Players can't hit a mob then use the hide skill or better yet use the invisibility spell and have said mob lose them. :confused:

TIDE: Yes I like COLOR in my posts! Others go crazy with :), I go crazy with COLOR!:eek::p:rolleyes:

Teldurn
08-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Yep Scorps, Magi Ogres, Assassins, and Phase Spiders that burrow/go gaseous/vanish for LONG periods of time or simply NEVER RETURN and bug out the quests are EXTREMELY ANNOYING! :mad:

But the vanishings that @#$%@% :eek: :mad: me off the most are:

The regular mobs (such as regular spiders, ogres, human, and drow,) none of which tunnel, phase, turn gaseous nor vanish such as assassins do. They quote HIDE unquote from in front of U after hitting U, making U loss target, nor can they be targeted. And they are harder to hit (they get the concealment bonus) EVEN THOUGH they were using the HIDE skill and not the invisible spell RIGHT IN FRONT OF U. :confused: :( :mad: U can be swinging at them or lobbing a spell and they just up and HIDE on U. (Sorry, I'm being redundant BUT #!$% IF IT DON'T @#$% ME OFF!!) :mad::mad:
Players can't hit a mob then use the hide skill or better yet use the invisibility spell and have said mob lose them. :confused:

TIDE: Yes I like COLOR in my posts! Others go crazy with :), I go crazy with COLOR!:eek::p:rolleyes:

I can almost taste the rainbow. :D

articwarrior
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
or especially in Xorian Cipher with the named scorp you gotta kill for gird key. He likes to sit in the ground alot and think about what he's doing and why :p