PDA

View Full Version : Can we have some PUG love?

Krag
08-19-2010, 07:49 AM
I love grouping with people. There are lots of great single player RPGs (Planscape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, VtM:B, Dragon Age, etc.) but I choose MMO to be able to play with other people. Unfortunately solo play is by far the most efficient way to earn exp. No waiting time, no exp penalty, no dungeon scaling and even if I take my time and put a group together the chance to get competent players is close to zero because pugging is not efficient.

Suggestions:
1. Individual death penalties
Replace 10% group penalty with 5% group penalty and 10% individual penalty. Lessened group penalty will no longer scare away competent players and individual penalty will promote smart play and good planning.

2. Full group bonus
Yes, you heard it right. 5% bonus just because someone took effort to gather a party instead of soloing.

All in all soloing is still more efficient than waiting but at least grouping will have some merits.

h4x0r1f1c
08-22-2010, 11:35 PM
I'd suggest removing the -10% penalty altogether. Even though you're really not losing anything since it's a given bonus, it still feels like it and we all know that's how people feel. Just scale everything to that +10% and remove that piece of coding. We don't need it.