PDA

View Full Version : Question about favor and 32 point builds

GWSJohn
08-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Because I have a VIP account couldn't I just farm 200 favor with 9 people? Thank you.

Hobgoblin
08-18-2010, 04:25 AM
has to be on the same person

hob

GWSJohn
08-18-2010, 04:31 AM
I guess my only other question is someone said that you can only get a maximum of ~900 favor with free quests, does that mean free people can't get 32 point builds? That doesn't seem fair.

Hobgoblin
08-18-2010, 04:44 AM
well yes, but the favor rewards you get for each 100 pts stack, so if you do that 900 on 3 toons or so (just an xmple here) you would have enough to buy a few packs, leting you get your 32 build

hob

Crann
08-18-2010, 07:07 AM
As you are accumulating favor, on all your characters on all the servers, you are earning Turbine Points. You save those points and buy the adventure packs, unlocking new content, to accumulate more favor with, to earn more Turbine Points to buy more adventure packs with.....

Eventually you have all the content you need, all the favor you need, and can do (most) everything the VIP's can.

Or you pay less than 40 cents a day to become VIP, and that part of the grind is not neccessary.

Visty
08-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I guess my only other question is someone said that you can only get a maximum of ~900 favor with free quests, does that mean free people can't get 32 point builds? That doesn't seem fair.

free ppl dont pay a dime on the game

it is fair

redfox42
08-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Or you pay less than 40 cents a day to become VIP, and that part of the grind is not necessary.

If you watch when packs and account options go on sale you can often pick up stuff on the cheap. Buy a 20 dollar point pack and that will give you enough to pick up 32pt and some other packs when they are on sale.

TrinityTurtle
08-19-2010, 03:24 PM

It's perfectly fair. The game costs money to keep online. There are a LOT of costs associated with keeping a game this large stable, and online. Turbine is a business, and it's employees want to earn money like the rest of us. They deserve the right to their pay just like every other employee at every other business in the world. I certainly don't go to work for free and tell my boss to keep the check, I"m there for the fun of it.

VIP's and Premium players are the ones paying to keep this game online, therefore, they get the full experience in the case of vips, and as much as they pay for in the case of premiums. Pure free to play players are, in actuality, playing on THOSE players dimes. They should be appreciated for keeping the game going and Turbine for setting up a system where you CAN grind everything out, and never pay a dime for it. You pay in effort in that case. If you're not willing to help bear the costs of the game, then you don't get everything those who do get. Just like going into a store, if you're not willing to pay, you don't get to walk out with the item, or if you're not willing to pay full price you walk out with a generic brand.

Phidius
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM

Fair is about opportunity, not acquisition. F2P have the opportunity to get 32 point builds same as everyone else - they just do it differently.