PDA

View Full Version : Change "Update"

Damionic
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
It is my humble opinion that the way you are using the word "Update" is cheating the game players.

U6 is the ultimate example.

Having "4" quests and calling it an "Update" is a joke.

My suggestion.

Tell it like it is.

"Comming soon a new..."

Adventure Pack (If you only intend to release one Adventure Pack then say ADVENTURE PACK! then people will know what they are GETTING!)

Patch (This would be a large bug killing patch and UI Improvement Fix)

Update (This should be something big that Improves the game as a whole...like more :
PrE's
Classes
Spells
Feats
Game Mechanics for example Armour Dying
Improvements in-game IE Crafting.

Done!

KillEveryone
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Update isn't so bad. Changing things would probably confuse people on timeline when something was changed.

Update # with whatever happened wouldn't be so confusing but what happens if they add all those into one update.

Mostly this looks like a matter of semantics.

Damionic
08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Update isn't so bad. Changing things would probably confuse people on timeline when something was changed.

Update # with whatever happened wouldn't be so confusing but what happens if they add all those into one update.

Mostly this looks like a matter of semantics.

Putting everything into one box just leads to disappointment. It's vague, it's Insulting and it lacks logic.

To be honest the way TURBINE deals with communication on the whole is way off the mark.

On other games the apporach is far different..You are informed months in advance of what and when its happening.

Even a simple sentence has far more going it then TURBINE.

It's as simple as this.

"Comming Soon a New Adventure Pack "The Red Fens" Due Late August."

Clear, Concise and to the Point!

Just put it in "Forthcoming Events" and your done.

articwarrior
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
yes, I didnt even NOTICE that we got an update, mainly due to the fact that we didnt have to load for 20+ mins, I do like how easy it was to load, literally no time, BUT if this is what they call an update I am disappointed :(

Lithic
08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Its an addition to the game, so update fits the bill. Even the large modules of the past were only 1 explorer zone and 11 quests (gianthold), as compared to this one that is 1 zone + 4 quests.

I guess some people need to complain about something though. I bet if they called it a micro-update you would complain that they didn't call it a nano-update.

articwarrior
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Its an addition to the game, so update fits the bill. Even the large modules of the past were only 1 explorer zone and 11 quests (gianthold), as compared to this one that is 1 zone + 4 quests.

I guess some people need to complain about something though. I bet if they called it a micro-update you would complain that they didn't call it a nano-update.

I'd complain even if they called it an atom-update, SERIOUSLY, give me my rights and my GAME! :p