PDA

View Full Version : Bring classic D&D supermodules back to life in DDO

ChiliBean
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I know DDO loves making adventure packs.

How about bringing the following epic D&D adventures back to life in DDO -

T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords (Pirates!)
GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders (Giants, Drow, Queen)

This adventure series are all connected in a huge storyline.

I'm sure these would be extremely popular!!

Eckenwiler
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Yea. And Tomb Of Horrors for us oldtimers.

/signed.

stainer
08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I would bet there are some licensing limitations that stop them from doing that. I agree though, it would be cool.

systemstate
08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Yes please. I recall going through these modules with only my "mind's eye" view of my surroundings, encounters, etc. I had to imagine what everything looked and sounded like.

I would love to relive some of these modules in DDO, with everything fleshed out on my computer screen in all its digital glory.

Impaqt
08-17-2010, 03:46 PM
as soon as you find some "Classic" Eberron Modules, let us know.

Club'in
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
as soon as you find some "Classic" Eberron Modules, let us know.

Zing! Not happy with that choice of setting?

Come on, now. The plot lines in all three of the series he mentioned are generic enough to be adapted to any setting.

Impaqt
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Zing! Not happy with that choice of setting?

Come on, now. The plot lines in all three of the series he mentioned are generic enough to be adapted to any setting.

Something tells me that the people that own the Copyrights and Licensing wouldnt be so forgiving.

Calebro
08-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Some of us would love to see things like the Temple or Tomb of Horrors, or even Castle Greyhawk (my personal fav), but some of the playerbase is hardcore Eberron lore fanatics and this wouldn't sit well with them.
Not to mention licensing issues, which has already been addressed.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Some of us would love to see things like the Temple or Tomb of Horrors, or even Castle Greyhawk (my personal fav), but some of the playerbase is hardcore Eberron lore fanatics and this wouldn't sit well with them.
Not to mention licensing issues, which has already been addressed.

If they can make it fit (adjust the storyline and lore as needed) I'd be fine with it.
But would those of you who'd like to see these accept them in an altered for Eberron state?

But aside from the potential copyright problems, there can also arise the case of "But that's not how I remember/played/DM'ed this adventure! You're doing it wrong Turbine!"

Stormanne
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Actually, DDO being set in Eberron is a boon to Turbine if they wanted to remake some of the classic adventures. In the U.S., copyright laws are ambiguous enough that a mere 15% change would all that was needed to completely bypass needing permission to do so. Granted, that would only cover Turbine on the legal front. Reputation-wise, it would probably be counter-productive for their relationship with WotC.

Calebro
08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
If they can make it fit (adjust the storyline and lore as needed) I'd be fine with it.
But would those of you who'd like to see these accept them in an altered for Eberron state?

But aside from the potential copyright problems, there can also arise the case of "But that's not how I remember/played/DM'ed this adventure! You're doing it wrong Turbine!"

Adjusting them wouldn't bother me in the least, although I can only speak for myself.

To your second point, everyone *should* realize that some liberties need to be taken because there's no way on earth that any mod can even come *close* to encompassing every possible scenario that may have played out in a more free form RP setting than an MMO could possible produce. If it were to happen, which is extremely unlikely, the Devs would have no choice but to follow the original intended line of events rather than what some random tabletop group would have done.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-17-2010, 05:23 PM
To your second point, everyone *should* realize that some liberties need to be taken because there's no way on earth that any mod can even come *close* to encompassing every possible scenario that may have played out in a more free form RP setting than an MMO could possible produce.

I know that. But that won't stop people from complaining.

Calebro
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I know that. But that won't stop people from complaining.

agreed