PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic: Repair Construct Suggestioin

Arkat
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd like to suggest adding 1d3 points repaired per 10 points of your Repair skill.

Example: Gilgamesh, the 20th level Rogue Mechanic, has a 40 Repair skill. Instead of repairing 2d3 points of damage to a Construct every 2 seconds for 30 seconds, he should be able to repair 6d3 (2d3 + 4d3) points of damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.

I mean, it stands to reason right? The higher your Repair skill, the more damage you can repair over the same time period.

This would also make the Repair skill somewhat more attractive to take for certain builds.

Deathseeker
08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree, but I think it should be even higher. I mean, realistically, a high level rogue (or any umd user) can drop an endless amount of reconstruct scrolls on a WF (plat cost not withstanding). At least make the repair feature of a mechanic worth more than a couple of reconstruct scrolls between shrines....sheesh...

Arkat
08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
So what do you think would be more useful/reasonable? +1d3 points repaired for every 5 points of the Repair skill?

Scraap
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Could see either that, rigging it like the Cleric Divine Healing charge count for 3+int mod and segregating it out from the boosts, or even just extending the time based on 2 seconds per 5 ranks (IE, 1 extra tick) as ways of extending the utility. (The latter two put in as alternate suggestions in case folks choke on the notion of stronger over time, rather than just a bit more over time).

It does seem that at present, you being flatfooted, as well as the other character having to stay right next to you to get the benefit if you're using it for more than yourself does need a bit more on the positive side of the balance-pan given the high-mobility nature of the system.

NeutronStar
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd like to suggest adding 1d3 points repaired per 10 points of your Repair skill.

Example: Gilgamesh, the 20th level Rogue Mechanic, has a 40 Repair skill. Instead of repairing 2d3 points of damage to a Construct every 2 seconds for 30 seconds, he should be able to repair 6d3 (2d3 + 4d3) points of damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.

I mean, it stands to reason right? The higher your Repair skill, the more damage you can repair over the same time period.

This would also make the Repair skill somewhat more attractive to take for certain builds.

So what do you think would be more useful/reasonable? +1d3 points repaired for every 5 points of the Repair skill?

These are good, logical ideas. I hope the Devs do something like this.

+1

lethargos
01-25-2011, 05:53 PM
A good idea. Repair skill needs useful applications. Maybe it could be used to boost something other too ( maybe wrack construct) ?

Coldin
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree it needs a change and a scaling boost. I am a bit hesitant to tie it to the repair skill, even though that makes the most sense. That's mostly just because there's no reason to take the repair skill right now, and most rogues do not have any ranks. Alternatively, I say tie it to Intelligence, and give a small bonus for having a high repair.

Now maybe if they could implement some more uses of the repair (repair your own items?), then it might be worth it.

azrael4h
01-25-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree it needs a change and a scaling boost. I am a bit hesitant to tie it to the repair skill, even though that makes the most sense. That's mostly just because there's no reason to take the repair skill right now, and most rogues do not have any ranks. Alternatively, I say tie it to Intelligence, and give a small bonus for having a high repair.

Now maybe if they could implement some more uses of the repair (repair your own items?), then it might be worth it.

I think if we could repair our own items, we might see at least some with extra skill points taking it. As of now, it's like the heal skill; utterly useless.

Ultramaetche1
09-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Considering Mechs are generally int based, it may be viable to make the Mechanic: Repair Construct ability recover the flat 2d3, but add an additional 1d3 for every 4 rogue levels as well as adding your int mod to the repairing.

Ex) A lv 20 Mech with 32 int (+11) would repair for 2d3 (base) + 5d3 (levels) + 11 (mod)

Any thoughts on something like that?

** as an aside, this is my first post please consider this **

The_Brave2
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
A general overhaul of skills is needed. Repair is among the ones that needs revising. I like this. :D

Jay203
09-06-2011, 11:58 PM
step one in upgrading it is changing the ******** activation time and/or range on it

then the amount of uses.....

and finally, the amount it repairs

RedDragonScale
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Nice suggestion OP. This would dovetail quite nicely in with Update 11.

I'd +1 you but I can't for some reason.

bigolbear
09-07-2011, 11:28 AM
curently that special ability heals about as much as drinking a pot so it definately needs review.

heck its a mechanic repairing a construct - and its limited to number of boosts. it should fix stat damage, should heal significant hp, and could even be used to restore a construct to life (mech 3 maybe).

The ability as it stands is curently invalidated by umd completely. having played a wf rogue mechanic up to lvl 20 i can asure you that the vast majority of my self healing came from wand/pots and eventualy recon scrols.

its a nice ability at lvl 6 when you first get it but by lvl 10 or so the hp gained form it is droping off into obscurity.

Id suggest having the ability operate like a repair spell, dependant on some lvl based check. so at lvl 6 it could act as repair serious, and by lvl 11 it acts as reconstruct. The get down and tie your shoe laces thing would be acceptable for a reanimate construct feature but not for a repair as its simply not useable in combat - especialy not on some one else.