PDA

View Full Version : Ransack timer for XP.

Bloodhaven
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Ransack timer for XP.

Lower the penalty to XP from running quests multiple times.

Once a week reset the xp you get from quests.

That is all.

I love running some quests and hate running others.

After you run a quest a couple times it is no longer worth the effort to run it again for xp.

Zilta
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
I would like to see this but I doubt it will be implimemented. Maybe just for TR's.

megathon
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I like to think that the penalty for running a quest multiple times is an incentive to get you to check out new areas.

stormarcher
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
/not signed

Rav'n
08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
/signed!!! +1

FlyingTurtle
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I like to think that the penalty for running a quest multiple times is an incentive to get you to buy more adventure packs or go VIP.

Fixed.

Is why I think they won't ever implement this, even though I support the idea.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
There isn't really a shortage of xp in the game (except L16+ run a variety of quests.)

Bloodhaven
08-12-2010, 09:13 PM
My main reasons for the is my TR's run out of steam around level 12 because of a lack of FUN quests to run. What I consider fun.

I would not mind waiting a week to run a set of quests again for XP. My tr's take for ever to level because I can't bring myself to run content I do not enjoy. Playing DDO should not feel like work.

Bloodhaven
08-12-2010, 09:15 PM
The "there is lots of content out there" argument fails the "Whats is fun to me" argument :)

Memnir
08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
No.

Uska
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Actually one nice thing about being a double TR is I have tried some quests I pro ably would not have before your idea might be fine for you but would like lead to faster boredom for me and maybe others as people would just run the same few quests to power level and get bun out.

Bloodhaven
08-13-2010, 01:23 AM
No.

Yes.

Lithic
08-13-2010, 01:33 AM
No.

No... unless it was a timer along the lines of "-1 to completions counter every 7 days", which would mean the ultra casual would benfit, but noone else would.

Bloodhaven
08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
No... unless it was a timer along the lines of "-1 to completions counter every 7 days", which would mean the ultra casual would benfit, but noone else would.

How would a power gamer benefit from the xp being reset in 7 days? Most people run through the levels so fast that in a week they would be so far out of the range as to make the quest give next to no xp.

The 7 day timer would would in no way break the game.

SisAmethyst
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM
My main reasons for the is my TR's run out of steam around level 12 because of a lack of FUN quests to run. What I consider fun.

I would not mind waiting a week to run a set of quests again for XP. My tr's take for ever to level because I can't bring myself to run content I do not enjoy. Playing DDO should not feel like work.

This is probably the biggest issue, that around level 12-18 there is a gap of Quests. Someone made a graph a while ago with the number of quests per level with the lowest number I guess at level 15 considering that you may run some quests already 2-3 levels ahead. At least be happy with the next update you get something around level 8-12 and who know with the update following that one finally something 12+?

Lithic
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
How would a power gamer benefit from the xp being reset in 7 days? Most people run through the levels so fast that in a week they would be so far out of the range as to make the quest give next to no xp.

The 7 day timer would would in no way break the game.

Are you kidding? A 7 day reset would let me do shadowcrypt TWICE in one life (thats 24elite runs, 2 hard, 2 norm instead of the normal 14 runs per life). I would do the first batch at lvl 8 or so, and the second at around level 14. Similarly, I would farm the **** out of litany at lvl 13ish, and again at lvl 17 or so.

Need more examples?

Xorian farming on normal at lvl 8, elite at lvl 12
VON3 farming on normal at lvl 9, elite at lvl 13
Monastery/kobold farming at 16 and 19
Wizking norm at 11-12, then farm on elite at lvl 16.

Now sure anyone getting more than 300kxp/day wouldn't benefit much from a 7 day reset, but I would guess over 95% of people would be able to refarm the best xp quests at least one more time before they outlevel it. A 7 day reset timer could more than HALVE the number of quests that someone sees on their way to 20. On a normal 32pt character, you could literally get to 20 by doing nothing other than thrall of necromancer, shadowcrypt, von3, wizking, monastery, enter the kobold.

AyumiAmakusa
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Are you kidding? A 7 day reset would let me do shadowcrypt TWICE in one life (thats 24elite runs, 2 hard, 2 norm instead of the normal 14 runs per life). I would do the first batch at lvl 8 or so, and the second at around level 14. Similarly, I would farm the **** out of litany at lvl 13ish, and again at lvl 17 or so.

Need more examples?

Now sure anyone getting more than 300kxp/day wouldn't benefit much from a 7 day reset, but I would guess over 95% of people would be able to refarm the best xp quests at least one more time before they outlevel it. A 7 day reset timer could more than HALVE the number of quests that someone sees on their way to 20. On a normal 32pt character, you could literally get to 20 by doing nothing other than thrall of necromancer, shadowcrypt, von3, wizking, monastery, enter the kobold.

Very true. If they DO implement this, I'd be doing completionist for all my characters.

I'd say H W but apparently someone will spank me for it. So instead, Howdy Mate (To the OP).

Bloodhaven
08-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Need more examples?

The only reason i can see this NOT happening is turbine trying to milk more money out of people by selling more packs/xp pots.

My original argument still stands. I would love to be able to do the quests i like more often and the quests i dislike less often.

I still do not see anything wrong with that. People may not like it but i am sure there are several things people do not like about this game.

h4x0r1f1c
08-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Don't forget guys you can only store a few lvls worth of XP before they make you lvl up.

You can't run Ringleader all the way to 20.

Therefore /signed.

Nott
08-23-2010, 06:29 AM
People may not like it but i am sure there are several things people do not like about this game.Is that a good reason to implement something... anything, at all?

Nott
08-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Don't forget guys you can only store a few lvls worth of XP before they make you lvl up.

You can't run Ringleader all the way to 20.

Therefore /signed.So instead of a single quest you could run up till 20, there would be 5 or 6 quests you'd have to run... advance past the first one (at level 6 or so) and on to the second, etc.

I met a TR who had no idea what a planar gird was... the guy was a level 15 TR ranger (I don't know his previous class). Sure, that sort of thing can happen, because XP already comes very easily, and does not require running a majority of the quests, particularly at lower levels. Add in "repetition decay" as has been proposed here, and you only make it much more likely that people at high level know very little of this world.