PDA

View Full Version : Shroud part 3 chests

Towrn
08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Had a thought for this part of the shroud the other day when 7 people in the group couldn't do the puzzle.

Why not put a chest in each room and make them only lootable by the person that finishes the puzzle.

Perhaps more people will actually learn how to do their own puzzles.

P.S. - It's just really frustrating having to wait 3-5 more minutes to move on, even if in the grand scheme of things that's not that long.

Vynnt
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
It would probably lead to fights over who gets to solve the puzzle. Also, it would hurt new players who don't know how to solve it.

That, and more frequent encounters with the wall.

SINIBYTE
08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
P.S. - It's just really frustrating having to wait 3-5 more minutes to move on, even if in the grand scheme of things that's not that long.

Seriously... 1 guy can handle a 5x5 by himself, and yet someone with a circle or 3x3 is summoning a wall...

Phidius
08-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Just tell the party that you'll destroy any crystals that haven't been solved by the time you come by with water :D

TheDearLeader
08-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I've had a Shroud before were I had to solve five of the puzzles. This should never happen.

Raids are not quests for a reason : they are longer, more difficult, and probably going to be more complicated. Tempest Spine and VON should baby step people in this concept.. why do people think they can hop into Shroud and do less work than the rest of the group?

Its just.. a puzzle. And if you can't solve it, there's like, a bajillion solvers out there.

I feel your pain.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Had a thought for this part of the shroud the other day when 7 people in the group couldn't do the puzzle.

Why not put a chest in each room and make them only lootable by the person that finishes the puzzle.

Perhaps more people will actually learn how to do their own puzzles.

D&D is a team effort.

Plus it would lead to griefing. I get my chest, then run around blowing everyone else's crystals who is slower than me.

cwfergtx
08-12-2010, 01:43 PM
What about appearing in the room and the puzzle is already done either by someone else or the puzzle was self solved. Does the person that appears in that room get the chest or is it empty. Sometimes people load into the room while people are still shrining and when the person shrining get to the room someone else has already done it. Where would the fairness be.

Qzipoun
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Great, now we'll have people waiting at their puzzles saying "roll for great shard" over and over and not run water. Then someone who still hasn't done their puzzle will keep asking how much he needs to roll :)

Pyromaniac
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Love the idea, but you should have to run a water to a puzzle as well for loot.

articwarrior
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Ummm no, you don't like getting a wall? do it yourself. don't like nooks who don't know what to do? put your lfm saying no noobs.

Towrn
08-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Love the idea, but you should have to run a water to a puzzle as well for loot.

Going that far would definitely lead to griefing.

Ummm no, you don't like getting a wall? do it yourself. don't like nooks who don't know what to do? put your lfm saying no noobs.

Yeah, cause someone who really IS a noob is going to think "Wow, he means me, I shouldn't join that lfm"

To be honest there probably are better ways to make something like this happen, but to anyone who says "Solve it yourself" or anything to that matter, get a clue my friends. Team effort or not, we are not ACTUALLY in the quest, most of us are there for the quickest completion we can get and for people to say (and I have heard this said verbatim) "I don't know how to do this puzzle and I won't use a solver", it is annoying and selfish.

Perhaps take the levers to open the doors out. Laziness shouldn't be rewarded with having to do even less.

LordPiglet
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, you could make it so that each person could only get 1 water. However then you wouldn't be able to short man it