PDA

View Full Version : Want more relaxed 'n pleasant teamwork?

Crimzin1
08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
What this is:
This is a network.
There's no leader here, just a phone-book like list of players who like to team with patient and helpful folks. Your levels are also listed along with your names. (I'll try to update the OP with names whenever I can)

What this is NOT:
It is NOT a guild, nor will it ever be--I like my own guild.

Why do I do this?
This is a game, people play to relax and have fun with some creative co op, but...
I've been left behind for going after archers who are chewing up my teammates, whose butts i just helped, and possibly saved.
I've had myself taking someone's soul stone to a shrine only to be, again, left behind.
I've asked my teammates where's the chest they just looted, with no one answering.
I've been in teams in which no one listens to anyone and scatter around like a pan of sand. And I end up going for the area with the least "blue dots" (aka teammates) in case they need backup.
These don't really impede my progress, but they are obnoxious as hell, for me at least.
If you're a zerg, that's fine. I respect that. Lucky for you, many teams up in LFG panel function like that. But if you're not, keep reading. And if you like the philosophy of it all, reply with a positive note, and I'll update your char name and level on the OP.

Philosophy: WIRE (<- yeah, corny, but it might help people remember)
W: wait for party members who are behind. Some ppl are trying to get vandal bonus because they are doing it for the 1st time, give 'em time or help them do it. Unless someone is clearly afk w/o prior notice.
I: Inform party member's of a chest's location when one is found.
R: Revive. When someone is resurrecting a teammate, the rest of the team does not zerg ahead.
E: Engage the end-quest boss only when the rest of the party has arrived (if you can safely do so)

To join wire chat, type in your chatbox:

/joinchannel wire wait

==========================================
Player List: (in order of increasing levels)

Chaga ---------- lvl 4 ranger
Norymd------------lvl5 fvs
Nareen ------------- Clr 4/Fig1
Svidrigailov --------- lvl 5 Wizard
Xerinu---------------- lvl 5 monk/rogue/cleric
Eliaric ----------- lvl 7 cleric (p2p: Tangleroot Gorge, Gianthold)
Thepuresoul------ lvl7 pal
Lliedr ------------lvl 7 ran (p2p: sanctuary)
Chandni -------------Lvl 8 Sor
Flitana ---------- lvl 8 fvs
luciaa ------------- lvl8 mnk/pal/fig
Nyetha-------------lvl 8 rogue
Crimzin ---------- lvl 10 pal
Nurikia -----------lvl 10 monk/rogue/cleric
Anaara ------------- lvl 10 Radiant Cleric
Lyraa ----------------lvl 10 ran/rog
Patrolus ------------ Lvl 10 Ran
Paterik -------------- Lvl 10 Clr
Bomont, ---------- lvl 10 Pal
Lyssalira ----------- lvl 11 Light Monk
Quazicotl ------------lvl 11 rogue
themadonna ---------- lvl12 brd/fig
Goddric ---------- lvl 12 pal
Lissyl ------------ 14/2 Wizard/rogue
Pistis ----------------- Lvl17 Mnk
Xyora ---------- lvl 19 cleric
breeeee ---------- lvl 19 ran
Alexrobinson---------- lvl 19 sorc
breelleena ---------- lvl 20 ran
Loonatic -------------lvl20 Brd

Lleren
08-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I think you would be well served to make a custom channel for your network on Orien.

/joinchannel channelname password

You could then set it to be incoming chat on any of your tabs. Likely it will be userchat1 in the listing, but if it isn't then you alreayd know how to deal with custom channels.

Good hunting.

Nessaquik
08-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Xyora lvl 18 cleric
Flitana lvl 7 fvs

Crimzin1
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I'll ask some folks already on my friendlist whether they're ok with being placed in this "phone book."

AlexR
08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Alexrobinson level 15 sorc

Aileron2011
08-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Sounds good to me, add me to your list. Goddric holy smiter of breakables and all oozes. lvl 11 pally

bree22
08-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I agree whole heartily. Thats why I prefer to make my own groups vs join. My toons breelleena (lvl 20), breeeee(lvl19), themadonna(lvl10), luciaa(lvl8). I do zerge with my high end toons for farming but when questing for xp I like to run the quest for xp and enjoyment. Personally zerging is kind of boring and seems pointless to do all the time.

AllNamesTaken
08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Great idea, I heartily approve - especially as a newer player with little grouping experience! *feels all little and new when looking at the other peoples levels* If you'd like to stick me on, for low-level stuff:

Chaga Swampfoot, Ranger - lv 3 (nearly 4, iirc) < I don't play much and am FtP, but that's my main 'toon. My other one is just for messing around, so I won't list him.

And Lleren's idea of a custom channel is good.

Bozone
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I think this is a good idea, and a custom channel would probably be the easiest way to handle it. As a newer player, doing the quests for the first time, I would prefer to do the quests like this.

Bomont, level 9 Paladin

gdi1234
08-21-2010, 01:18 PM
This is a really good idea. Please add me to your list. I loves to play in an organised team. I'm from Australia. Seems like I will be playing this game for a while.

Cleric 7
Eliaric Lightbringer

P2P Content:
Tangleroot Gorge
Gianthold
(Will add on more if I can get a team for those 2 content)

So far everyone is happy with my healing. Looking forward to team up with you guys.

Crimzin1
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Cool. I just updated some info here, too.

And, this off topic but, why does the monk portrait in our game login look like a child molester's mug shot?

Just food for thought.

Sante
08-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Excellent post and idea.

I encounter all those issues as well and it sours the game experience. Count me in.

Pistis Sophia Lv.17 Monk

Little'n'Often
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Sounds like a great idea; please sign me up! :)

Lyraa - Ranger/Rogue - lvl 10
Loonatic - Bard - lvl 20

Mainly playing Lyraa at the moment to get her levelled up.

PNellesen
08-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Sounds good to me :)

Sign me up! This is exactly how I like to play.

Paterik - Level 9 Human Cleric (almost to level 10, though)
Patrolus - Level 10 Elf Ranger

Note - I'm VIP, so I'm up for anything.

Waylander101
08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Lliedr lvl 7 ranger

Own Sanctuary and one other quest pack (can't remember which off hand)

Alikhan
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Chandni Ali Khan female elf Sorcerer Lvl 7 (almost 8)

and my secondary one: Nareen Ali Khan female elf Cleric 4/Fighter 1

Lissyl
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds good to me.

Lissyl -- 13/2 (probably 14/2 by the end of today) Wizard/rogue
Lyssalira -- 11 Light Monk
Anaara -- 9 Radiant Cleric

KoboldKiller
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I can throw my level 5 FVS into this as slower parties make healing easier.

Norymd

Bloodstealer
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
The only issue with advertising your userchannell on open forum, is that u then leave it open to becomming just another general chat for anyone and everyone to use and abuse rather than restricting it to friends, and known players that you are keen to keep within your circles.

Another channel you can join is...... well if you dont know it, its cos u haven't earned the right to be in it yet :)

Crimzin1
09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I hear your concern--if that's where you're coming from. But this is

just a phone-book like list

It's for ppl to add folks to their friends list. For those who don't want to bother adding 'em to their friend list, the channel option is provided.

If someone met another so awesome, he decided to only team with her and start off their own little private exclusive chatroom with protected password, that's fine, too. it's what phone books are for (Hmm...something doesn't sound right here)

And this list will keep on growing as long as I don't get lazy all of a sudden.

Edit: Can't update OP, g2g now, will get it done after a few hours though.

Bloodstealer
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I hear your concern--if that's where you're coming from. But this is

It's for ppl to add folks to their friends list. For those who don't want to bother adding 'em to their friend list, the channel option is provided.

If someone met another so awesome, he decided to only team with her and start off their own little private exclusive chatroom with protected password, that's fine, too. it's what phone books are for (Hmm...something doesn't sound right here)

And this list will keep on growing as long as I don't get lazy all of a sudden.

Edit: Can't update OP, g2g now, will get it done after a few hours though.

I know your generating your list so that on the surface its a phone book of players - but releasing your /joinchannel wire wait - has just given every person on orien access to the channel - therefore all you have actually done is create an alternate chat channel, whcih can easily be backed up with all the same drizzle that is evident in general chat.. nice idea, but maybe password protect it and send players you want on the list, the password when they join

Crimzin1
09-02-2010, 12:44 AM
****Note: OP updated. If you lvled and I didn't update the OP accordingly, please let me know.*****

I considerred not replying to avoid the risk of turning it into some sort of a "debate," which is pointless.
But I realized that I need to clarify my position on this.

So, I'll try my best to be courteous here.

The Gist of it all: Ain't no privacy here, and nothing's refined.

What do I mean?

This being a phonebook means none of this is private. It is, after all, on the forum.
So there could be...
-Guilds may come here looking for names to recruit
-Lonely boys here look for girls with a heart.
-Lonely gals here look for chivalrous boys
-Players come here look for candidates to form an exclusive long-term group
-misc. random products of wild imagination.

Therefore, he who is added here knows, by common sense, that he's open to random tells, even from those who are NOT listed here.

And even if it was a player on this list...Call me a pessimist, but I won't be surprised, at all, if someone I put in the OP turn out to be jerks who "treat their teammates like hirelings." (<--Can someone trademark this for me?) This is because I don't even bother testing these folks out--I'm so busy I can only play on, not regular, but long weekends.

This is not a guild. It ain't even a group.
This is nothing but yellowpages of a certain type of players.

Thus a chatroom w/o filter.

If someone who does not work by WIRE adds himself to the chatroom just to team with folks he's bound to have value conflicts with, he is seriously.... Wait, why on earth would a normal person do that?

Nonetheless, if you do meet a bad (crazy?) apple, just put it on your "friends" list, and move on.

Crimzin1
09-02-2010, 12:54 AM
And also to clarify, I'm not some sort of selfless saint though. I'm just doing this so I can find like-minded ppl to team with, with *minimal* effort requried on my part.

I am just a team player, that's all. Waiting on the straggler, buffin' mates with basic pally spells, expand lays if I can do so w/o dying myself, ressin' mates. Bottomline stuff.

And I am looking forward to see all level-relevant folks here when they get online.

DinoBaggio
09-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Put me on the list too please.

Svidrigailov - lvl 5 Wizard

Have an alt, Jeru, but I don't use that anymore, since I rerolled this new one.

Think I've already run with a few on this list before, hope to do so again.

crazy7381
09-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I likes to help people so does my guild I am in

Quazicotl lev 11 rouge

Revelaton fighters leader

Behomutzero lev 2 barb <------still a weakling lol

AlexR
09-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Update: Alexrobinson = level 19 now

Crimzin1
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Updated.

Whoever has teamed with anyone on this list and had a good experience, feel free to jot down your experience in a reply.

Thepuresoul: Good guy. Doesn't have a lot of adventure packs but is a good team player.

Anaara: Good gal. Kind and courteous to the ppl around her. Willing to wait for late comers to join in the dungeon right b4 finishing the quest.

Roe2121
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM
sure sign me up, Nurikia lvl 10 monk/rogue/cleric (1 level in monk/cleric)
Xerinu lvl 5 monk/rogue/cleric
Nyetha lvl 8 rogue
that will do wont add all of my characters :D