PDA

View Full Version : Scale Deconstruction

articwarrior
08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
As said before this post(in the greensteel deconstruct thread), I propose that the developers include deconstruction of blue, white, black and even red dragonscale armors. When the armor of said dragonscale is deconstructed the scales are bound to character.

As for the cost of deconstruction I suggest that players with scalearmor will pay 20kpp or more at the Epic Vendor in The Twelve and the armor may be deconstructed on an Alter of Epic Rituals.

After all, 20kpp-50kpp isnt much to someone who has a scale armor.

ssgcmwatson
08-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Is the point of deconstruction the ability to re-form them into a different type of armor?

Lorien_the_First_One
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Is the point of deconstruction the ability to re-form them into a different type of armor?

Yup. With TR in play the Wizard becomes a Melee becomes a Cleric and needs change. Plus WF may become human, etc.

It's time to allow this armor to be broken down, or at a minimum tradable for another set of the same colour of an armor type of your choice.

ssgcmwatson
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Either that or just a fee (and perhaps wait time, for RPing sake) for which the NPC who crafted it would re-craft it to the new type.

articwarrior
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Also the reason I said that the scales are bound to character was because it is to prevent trading scales to alts to make it broken beyond belief not to mention exploited

ahpook
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Either that or just a fee (and perhaps wait time, for RPing sake) for which the NPC who crafted it would re-craft it to the new type.

I like this model. Have the NPC that crafted the armor, recraft it and charge an additional 2-4 scales of the same type. It seems simpler than decomposition and then having to bind the resulting scales.

donfilibuster
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Cast regenerate on it to recreate the dragon and then kill it again. Once per scale.

Belwaar
08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I think this is a great idea.

Made a set of heavy black armor for a barbarian a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, when I was still new to the game. Would love to deconstruct it to a medium or light armor.

articwarrior
08-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Also possibly implement a 25% chance to drop a scale when you kill the dragon