PDA

View Full Version : Ok so now what?

jbolduc
08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I've been playing my Battle Cleric on Orien for a number of weeks and have reached lvl4. I play solo for the most part and have done each and every quest in Korthos, Harbor, as well as many in the Marketplace and some house quests that I have access to. I'm a free to play user with no access as of yet to adventure packs since I have only 180 points.

I'm wondering what do I do now since other quests are beyond my lvl, and do not have the points to get anything else to work on. Do I need to resign myself to having to repeat quests on higher difficulties?

Rogues_rule
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Yep.
Wash Rinse Repeat

You do that till you get enough Favoer for Vet. status.
Then you grind every sever for favor which will be easier since you start at 4th lvl.
And watch the TP roll in.
Then you buy the packs you want when they go on sale.
Try to enjoy the grind. It's the best way to become a better player.

stormarcher
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
run the same quests multiple times.

normal x 4 hard x 1 and elite x 1 is the best. IMO for a non Tr

unscythe
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
To the OP, who seems to have spent some money on the game since you are on the forums. You can start off by going across all servers and grabbing 100 favor. Easiest way is trying to get elite on as many quests as possible till you hit 100 favor. But since you are p2p/ or borrowing some1, and are f2p, then just level up some toons, find what you like. There are a huge number of low free to play quests to play around with. You can get to level 12 pretty easy without grinding quests, but doing as many of them at different difficulties.

You also learn more about the game as you go along.

Once you have amassed a good number of points, think about the next step. Mid to highlevel content is best if you want to get your toon to 20.

Yep.
Wash Rinse Repeat

You do that till you get enough Favoer for Vet. status.
Then you grind every sever for favor which will be easier since you start at 4th lvl.
And watch the TP roll in.
Then you buy the packs you want when they go on sale.
Try to enjoy the grind. It's the best way to become a better player.

Not true, you can unlock vet status on a server by having 1000 favor. But that mark only applies for said server, you need to get 1k favor on another server to have vet status on that server. So unless you buy vert status, you can only start as a level 1 character on a new server.

jbolduc
08-11-2010, 06:09 AM
To the OP, who seems to have spent some money on the game since you are on the forums. You can start off by going across all servers and grabbing 100 favor. Easiest way is trying to get elite on as many quests as possible till you hit 100 favor. But since you are p2p/ or borrowing some1, and are f2p, then just level up some toons, find what you like. There are a huge number of low free to play quests to play around with. You can get to level 12 pretty easy without grinding quests, but doing as many of them at different difficulties.

You also learn more about the game as you go along.

Once you have amassed a good number of points, think about the next step. Mid to highlevel content is best if you want to get your toon to 20.

Not true, you can unlock vet status on a server by having 1000 favor. But that mark only applies for said server, you need to get 1k favor on another server to have vet status on that server. So unless you buy vert status, you can only start as a level 1 character on a new server.

Forums were free to sign up, not sure how that shows I spent money? lol

I may start paying just so I can have access to all the quests, it just irritates me that there is so much content out there that you can accept quests for only to have have them sit in the quest log un touched. So I guess sadly it is grind grind grind.

Thanks for the help.

Bloodstealer
08-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Forums were free to sign up, not sure how that shows I spent money? lol

I may start paying just so I can have access to all the quests, it just irritates me that there is so much content out there that you can accept quests for only to have have them sit in the quest log un touched. So I guess sadly it is grind grind grind.

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately thats the carrot thats dangling when you make your decision to either go P2P or F2P.

It shudnt take you too long to earn enuf TP's to start buying your low level packs like STK or Tangleroot.
These 2 packs will give you a decent challenge as a new player, as well as some half decent XP and some better end rewards