PDA

View Full Version : From Epic Fail, to Orien

Arel
08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Dear Orien:

It’s been a fairly long ride, hasn’t it? Despite being the youngest server currently available, we are arguably the most successful at present, with some of the highest level guilds in the game, including Over Raided, who recently became the first guild to acquire the level 50 airship on the live servers. An exceptional achievement by any standard and for that I tip my hat to them.

They have not been around forever, however. Back when the server first opened, the server was arguably dominated by two guilds: Ransacked and Epic Fail. While the former is now but a memory, we, Epic Fail, are still active, if not as dominant as we once were. Which is not a bad thing by any means; we’ve simply taken a step back from the forefront to let those more interested in ‘progression’ lead the way.

Unfortunately, we still seem to have a reputation held from our earlier days among some players, a reputation shown not to be completely unwarranted by some recent events on these forums. In an effort to help clear the air, so to speak, I have written this with the help of my guildmates to affirm our rules and goals and help others understand what we are trying to accomplish.

Our ‘golden rule’ is to strive for excellence in character. While this is literal, in the sense that we all want our characters to reach their maximum potential, it is also figurative. Epic Fail does NOT condone griefing, loot-stealing, or other forms of harassment. If you feel like someone has acted in an inappropriate way, please let Tossing (our ‘ethics enforcement officer’) know via in-game mail. She will investigate and, if warranted, take action up to and including expulsion from the guild. We don’t like people acting in that way anymore than you do, and have no wish for it to be in our guild.

We still accept new people from any level or raiding experience with open arms, however, so long as they wish to strive for the same excellence as we do. If you wish to join a community that is helpful, friendly, and runs raids without participation requirements, but still groups together often, please visit our website (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=342853&TabID=2870233) and read our rules in their entirety (there’s not much beyond the above, really!).

If you have any questions, please ask them below and I or another guild member will attempt to answer them as swiftly and as completely as possible.

Sincerely,
Epic Fail

Batallia
08-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Well said....

EPIC FAIL (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=342853&TabID=2870233)

Bloodstealer
08-09-2010, 01:09 PM
A fair post.

BTW what was the bad rep u were speaking of, ive not come across anything when ive had some of your guild in groups to suggest anything more than a decent guild with a goal in mind with some decent players to achieve that goal.

Tho I've only been over in the US about 6 months and less than 2 on Orien so ... have I missed summing :)

Arel
08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
A fair post.

BTW what was the bad rep u were speaking of, ive not come across anything when ive had some of your guild in groups to suggest anything more than a decent guild with a goal in mind with some decent players to achieve that goal.

Tho I've only been over in the US about 6 months and less than 2 on Orien so ... have I missed summing :)

Couple of rotten apples and an admittedly poor forum presence. That, combined with our size and name... I'm sure you can make the connections.

WestportStan
08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
I love being in Epic Fail.
I work hard to keep the higher ground and try to be a good teammate; be it on a full guild raid or a noobie filled pug. It's a little easier knowing I have a whole guild that is also striving in that 'excellence in character'.

I liken our guild to a true D&D style uptight Palidin. We are not trying to act like we are better than everybody else we are just trying to be better than ourselves.

Thats not to say I don't fail at that from time to time but I try hard not to. I'm only halfling after all.

I hope that makes sense.

So here's to you Orien *raises beer to toast*
Love,
Nimblewil

lordpummel1-1
08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I must say that at one point I would not run with epic fail (not the old school EF the new ones) because of rude players and such, leaving in middle of quests when they dont get there way. Zerging ahead to the point where party would suffer. Know it alls and no tolerance for new people. Not me others in my party. Elitism, not in a way of knowing stuff and helping and sharing. In a Im better then you way. In the past month or so though I have seen a serious change. It is no longer a "oh no" mentality when and Epic Failer joins a group. Ive found that whatever you all did to clean house has worked and I give you kudos. ~Starlissa~

Veriden
08-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Please take your complaint to our Ethics Enforcement Officer. She will be glad to investigate and deal with any infractions she finds in a swift and brutal manner. If you would like her ingame name PM me and I will send it to you. Otherwise I must consider you a troll and disregard your slander.

sorry took so long to respond, but yes, please send me the name in pm of whom I need to contact.

Thank you.