PDA

View Full Version : Why Turbine? WHY?!

Celestialbeast
08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
So I decided to do what Turbine seems to want everyone to do and I went from ViP to Premium. I figured I could buy packs as I go and get what I felt was needed. Came up a little short on my calculations and couldn't get Necro IV or GH. Oh well.

I then proceed to buy 20 taps from AH and get a quick pass from a friend so I could get my Mino's when I hit 11. Guess what happend? You can't give a pass to a level 11 because the pass requires your friend be at LEAST level 13.

What gives? I could have sworn the last time I was in Necro as a VIP that the area was Technically level 11.

So why Turbine? Why?

KKDragonLord
08-08-2010, 01:56 AM
why is this in the suggestions section?

Oolung
08-08-2010, 01:57 AM
LOL I was about to ask the same question

Celestialbeast
08-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Perhaps because it should change. That's all. I feel a little boned and now my friend has spent DDO points and the pass goes unused for a few levels. I know they have access to everything already but they could have used the points for something else perhaps.

h4x0r1f1c
08-08-2010, 10:29 PM
/signed

Jendrak
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
What gives? I could have sworn the last time I was in Necro as a VIP that the area was Technically level 11.

So why Turbine? Why?

Because while the orchards might be 11-what ever the actual quest themselves are 14+ if memory serves? This seems like it might be the reason.

Cylinwolf
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
So level up twice and get your Minos?

If he couldn't give you the pass, it's not like the TPs are gone. Think of this as a handicap for getting hold of a Minos without actually owning the pack.

Zenako
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
This precise point has been raised before, and while Turbine did reconcile some of the messed up info in the Store, they still have not posted the info that one NEEDS to be at least level 13 to be able to accept the quest pass to the zone. That info ONLY appears on the actual quest pass once you have PURCHASED it, not anywhere before. Since the adventure zone is actually level 10+ (IIRC) it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to enter the zone with a level 11 character. If you are VIP or own the Necro IV pack you can do it readily. (You can actually enter with any level character if someone "suitable" for the range is already in the zone and you are grouped with them.)

The key point is that the limitations on the pass are not available for review until AFTER you have bought it. It would be rather easy to put those limits into the text it appears. (must be level 13 to use pass) does not seem like too much to ask.

Celestialbeast
08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
This precise point has been raised before, and while Turbine did reconcile some of the messed up info in the Store, they still have not posted the info that one NEEDS to be at least level 13 to be able to accept the quest pass to the zone. That info ONLY appears on the actual quest pass once you have PURCHASED it, not anywhere before. Since the adventure zone is actually level 10+ (IIRC) it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to enter the zone with a level 11 character. If you are VIP or own the Necro IV pack you can do it readily. (You can actually enter with any level character if someone "suitable" for the range is already in the zone and you are grouped with them.)

The key point is that the limitations on the pass are not available for review until AFTER you have bought it. It would be rather easy to put those limits into the text it appears. (must be level 13 to use pass) does not seem like too much to ask.

Exactly. Thank you.