PDA

View Full Version : Rage: Well Done! And a Mass Rage now please!

RoelHeeswijk
08-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I initially posted about this elsewhere on the forum, though I see now I should have put this here instead.
I guess I kind of panicked at the thought of some poor programmer trying to fix rage back to the way it worked. That would probably lead turbine being less inclined to change rage again later on.

My point is, I never liked the way rage targeting worked. Since there is no in-game descripition, it took me a long time to find out it hits 1 person per 3 caster levels. I doubt many people who cast rage, and certainly almost noone who receives rage, even understand why it's 'bugged' and sometimes somone doesn't get the rage.
Please use this as an opportunity to get rid of this horrible system, and give us a Mass Rage as a higher level spell, say 4 bard, 5 wiz/sorc.

Yeah, I get the flavor that a rage is infectious so it spreads to another person if he's not too far away, and if the caster is strong enough. I see a lot of confusion and frustration about the way it worked, especially since it's so different from many other spells. It's just not worth it, please think about gameplay issues also when converting p&p to ddo.
(I also kinda dislike the name confusion with this and madstone rage, as opposed to barbarian rage which does fatigue. But I can live with that :-)

KillEveryone
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I can get behind mass rage.

I haven't been too thrilled with how rage works when casted either. I don't want to have to cast multiple times just to make sure I get everyone that wants it.

The way it worked it could still be cast on someone that has it and and not hit the person that still doesn't have it after the first time I casted it. Seems kinda silly that way. Going through a check to see if someone has it is a bit more complicated also since the system would have to go through an additional calculation.

I would rather they just change it so that it scales like haste but I'll take a mass rage if that is what I have to settle for.

I also would like to see a circle that shows the area of effect like haste/bless/prayer...that way I know who wants it got it. I have a hard time seeing the reddish glow...it is easy at first but dims shortly after casting.

Missing_Minds
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Please no mass rage. The last time Tubine did a mass rage, there was no new content for over a year....

Oh wait, wrong mass rage.

Carry on.

Rasczak
08-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Does that mean mass prayer and mass recite as well? Because I'm running out of spell slots :D

Xionanx
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Personally I want a level 9 wizard/sorc spell "Mass Buff" that simply casts Blur, Displacement, Haste, Rage, Protection from Elements, Resist Elements, Stone Skin, Tumble, Jump, Greater Heroism and Displace in one click on all party members... would make buffing SO much easier.

Of course gives clerics a version as well..

joneb1999
08-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Rage, prayer and recite should all be fixed to work on the entire party in an immediate vicinity or have a drop in sp value so that its not as expensive to buff 3 or 4 party members.

joneb1999
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Personally I want a level 9 wizard/sorc spell "Mass Buff" that simply casts Blur, Displacement, Haste, Rage, Protection from Elements, Resist Elements, Stone Skin, Tumble, Jump, Greater Heroism and Displace in one click on all party members... would make buffing SO much easier.

That would be a nice idea but I cant see it ever being done as it is overpowered in that simplified form. However a spell that mass buffs at one time every buff you have available in your slots at say two thirds total sp would be workable. It balances out a decreased sp cost and very fast mass buff time with the fact that it costs as many filled slots to be able to make it worthwhile. IE to buff all those buffs you mention would need 12 slots to be filled including one level 9 slot and the benefits would be a slightly less dp cost and very fast buff time.

puttster3
08-05-2010, 05:49 AM
As someone who has built more tanks then any other type of build, to me rage is one of the worst buffs there are. To go from getting hit half the time to, well, more then half the time, really just annoying. I also find it odd in how a rage can increase a monk's concentration skill. Hmmm, guess they just concentrate on the battle more.

Anyways, Stalwart Defender and Defender of Syberies should not be the only way to get rid of a rage other then dying, there needs to be some other way for this. Perhaps a check box in the options, a Yes/No like when accepting a raise or a teleport, or a feat given upon creation.

Teharahma
08-05-2010, 06:02 AM

Great idea, but make the cost for it like;

<Party Members> * <Number of different buffs - To be defined by user> * 10
12 Members * 4 (GH, Blur, FoM, Rage) * 10 = 480sp, looks like a lot, but it's still cheaper.

Also, make a toggle option for receiving Rage, make it for every buff, somewhere in the options>UI or something :)

Missing_Minds
08-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I also find it odd in how a rage can increase a monk's concentration skill. Hmmm, guess they just concentrate on the battle more.

Rage temp increases ones Con score. Concentration is a Con based stat.
Apparently the hardier your body, the better concentration you can have. Faster focus on where you want your punches to go as it were.

PopeJual
08-06-2010, 07:29 AM

I'd like to see a spell bar that you can load and then cast with a single button. I thnk that it should cast each spell one at a time just like when people are casting, but just require one button click like a big spell macro.

Xionanx
08-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see a spell bar that you can load and then cast with a single button. I thnk that it should cast each spell one at a time just like when people are casting, but just require one button click like a big spell macro.

Ahem.. well.. you "could" use Auto Hot Key and then "map" all your buff spells to the numpad, then write a macro with timers in it to press each of your numpad keys in combo to "buff" people.. you "could" do that;)

When STO came out and the Cyptic devs insisted that "spamming the spacebar to fire all weapons = good design decision" and "we dont believe implementing an auto-fire toggle is in the games best interest" I created a macro toggle to simply press spacebar for me every 1/4 second.. made that game SOOOOoooooo much easier on my keyboard and hands.

That left me free to do the things that actually mattered, ie steer the ship and use abilities at the right time rather then smacking the spacebar over and over again... ahh... poor design decisions and the developers whe refuse to budge on them.. Anyway..

PopeJual
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Ahem.. well.. you "could" use Auto Hot Key and then "map" all your buff spells to the numpad, then write a macro with timers in it to press each of your numpad keys in combo to "buff" people.. you "could" do that;)

When STO came out and the Cyptic devs insisted that "spamming the spacebar to fire all weapons = good design decision" and "we dont believe implementing an auto-fire toggle is in the games best interest" I created a macro toggle to simply press spacebar for me every 1/4 second.. made that game SOOOOoooooo much easier on my keyboard and hands.

That left me free to do the things that actually mattered, ie steer the ship and use abilities at the right time rather then smacking the spacebar over and over again... ahh... poor design decisions and the developers whe refuse to budge on them.. Anyway..

Awesome. I think I'll make that happen!

It will make quests and raids a lot easier.

F1, macro
F2, macro
F3, macro
repeat ad nauseum.