PDA

View Full Version : Simple idea to improve THF

Reos
08-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Instead of glancing blows, make the first two feats increase the critical threat range of two-handed weapons by 1 (stacking with Improved Crit). The feat feat in the tree improves the crit multiplier by 1.

I'm sure plenty of people will hate this idea, so please share *your* thoughts.

thoryndar
08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
My thought is that it has already been changed, and there is a 99.9% chance of it staying the way it is.

Not trying to be rude, just stating what I feel.

Reos
08-04-2010, 06:18 PM
True, but as it stands, is it really worth spending 3 feats on something that does just a fraction more damage, and only when standing still?

Kromize
08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Instead of glancing blows, make the first two feats increase the critical threat range of two-handed weapons by 1 (stacking with Improved Crit). The feat feat in the tree improves the crit multiplier by 1.

I'm sure plenty of people will hate this idea, so please share *your* thoughts.

First thought coming to mind is that crit ranges would become too big. SOS with 12-20 crit range? Hmm...

Reos
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
First thought coming to mind is that crit ranges would become too big. SOS with 12-20 crit range? Hmm...

This advantage is completely nullified by 100% fort targets.

Although... maybe THF was always meant to play second-fiddle to TWF.

Lleren
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Have the three THF Feats simply give a chance to Double Attack, increasing as you have more feats.

Remove the Current Glancing blows mechanic, and redo it in another form, perhaps including the Feats for Cleave, Greatcleave, and the Frenzied Berserker Supreme Cleave ability.