PDA

View Full Version : Leadership!

7twenty
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
I have always liked the 3.5 leadership feat. It is so fitting that the Hero of the Realm got followers and devoted retainers to do various things for them. Many famous people in history have had someone with them to help, even a little, from Gilgamesh's loyal retainer who followed him into a dragon's lair out of sheer devotion, to King Arthur and Sir Kay, his brother, and even Jason and the crew of the Argonaut, Heroes have always had friends and ally's who helped them out. I propose that the DDO designers implement a way to have a permanent follower that you can customize from a set of premade characters and equip as time passes. The possibilities are huge, especially for story quests. There could be quests for the cohort ranging through the levels and even letting the cohort level as the Hero does. There can be special quests to get the cohort as well, letting the DDO designers be creative with their back story. The quest could be Pay To Play, allowing the makers of DDO the ability to make a profit from it, since we all know that EVERYONE will want that adventure pack. The list goes on. All in all, it doesn't seem like there would be a downside to it. It will take work, don't get me wrong, but the end result will be a beautiful and productive addition to this amazing game.