PDA

View Full Version : Class Icon In Party List

DethTrip
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
My suggestion is to allow the player to choose the icon that designates their character in the party list. Allow them to choose one of the classes they have taken. For example, if a player has made a build that is 12 fighter/8 monk but plays it as a monk, they could choose the monk icon to be shown as their class. Another example, if someone were 12 cleric/8 monk but plays their character as a monk and not a healer, they could choose the monk icon instead of cleric. This would avoid confusion of what role the character is trying to fill. Also, show the chosen icon when trying to join groups so the person receiving the join request will know what role the requester is wanting to fill. Thanks for your consideration.

DethTrip
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
So does anyone else have a comment on this?

AestorTheKnight
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Its a fair idea. But its probably not really necesary :)

DethTrip
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM

A lot of things aren't exactly necessary but are helpful. It's not necessary to have taverns in different houses but it sure is helpful. I really think this would help keep confusion down as to what type of character you are playing. This is quite helpful when trying to join a quest and when you are leader and trying to put a group together. I really wish the devs would consider this.

Cam_Neely
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Someone mentioned something similar a bit ago, and it was general consensis that this was already implemented in a form, where you could use /tell to derive this info, in the hope that Devs could use the free time not doing this to fix bugs.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3116561&postcount=24

AyumiAmakusa
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Necessary for Battle Clerics. Haha.

DethTrip
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Necessary for Battle Clerics. Haha.

Actually, ya, Clerics that melee would get the most benefit from this. With Divine favor, might, and power, one can actually make a darn good melee cleric. I know people are negative towards the concept but if they knew more about the spells and abilities of a cleric, they would find they can make a fine melee addition to the group. Like all builds, it takes a good player to really make it work though.

Divine might IV gives +8 damage. That is a hefty bonus. Divine favor at lvl18 gives +6 attack +6 damage. That is the equivalent of +12 strength. Divine power gives +6 strength and a base attack bonus of a fighter. On top of that you can heal, res, call up minions, use damage spells, and all the other good stuff a cleric can do. A lvl 12 cleric/8 of something else seems quite viable to me. Healing aura going off as you are fighting is kinda nice and if you use the spells I just spoke of, melee damage output should be just fine. Divine favor would be +4 attack +4 damage so it would be = powersurge which fighters get with kensei II.

Back to the point, if someone built a clr12/6ftr/2pal for example and played it primarily as a melee, they should be able to choose ftr or pal as their icon. That way people in the group are not confused. As it is now, people would join the group and say, why do we have 4 healers in the group? Who is healing and who is a melee? Again, its a fairly simple thing that would help with confusion imo.

Vynnt
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Divine might IV gives +8 damage. That is a hefty bonus. Divine favor at lvl18 gives +6 attack +6 damage. That is the equivalent of +12 strength. Divine power gives +6 strength and a base attack bonus of a fighter. On top of that you can heal, res, call up minions, use damage spells, and all the other good stuff a cleric can do. A lvl 12 cleric/8 of something else seems quite viable to me. Healing aura going off as you are fighting is kinda nice and if you use the spells I just spoke of, melee damage output should be just fine. Divine favor would be +4 attack +4 damage so it would be = powersurge which fighters get with kensei II.

Divine favor caps at +3/+3. It doesn't say it, but it does.

Divine Might IV requires 20 base CHA (Start + Level up + Tome), to get it, would require heavy investment in CHA, pulling from their other Stats.

Kensai is more than just the powersurge, they also have all the weapon specialization feats and weapon mastery enhancements.

puttster3
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
How would tanks fill into this? Fighters can either be a tank or a dps. Also the one problem with most battle clerics, saying that they can heal, is that they don't use it on other party members, often in a no matter what situation. I don't mean relying on the cleric to do the healing from the start (unless it is never mentioned), but if it happens to be the last one alive and/or with spell points... tad bit problematic there.

In other words, having just a choice of class icons isnt enough, there should also be sub class icons, to sub sub class icons.