PDA

View Full Version : Guild Dialog Box : Add Master Account column (Main Character)

dwelsh99
07-28-2010, 04:53 PM
I would like to see an editional column added to the guild roster list.

Account

I do not agree with using our login account as a base.

How about giving us the option in MyDDO to select our Main Character to be known by. This way instead of dwelsh99, in my case, it would show all my characters as belonging to Xandrell.

Rumbaar
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes with the, sometimes, important nature of how many accounts are inside a Guild now. It counter-intuitive for a Guild Leader not to know what account is assigned to which characters.

But once again Turbine hasn't thought through the full impact of their actions, and I can't see a solution that will please both sides.

Gorbadoc
07-28-2010, 05:27 PM
"Pleasing both sides" is hopefully not the issue. The system COULD be set up so that we could link whichever characters we wanted together, at our discretion.

Would this require new code and changes to how the servers handle certain data? Yes.

Is this a feature that has been needed ever since people started playing more than one character per account? Yes.

Is Turbine likely to make the necessary changes? All we can do is keep nagging them, and hope.

dwelsh99
10-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Bump...

We have been doing house cleaning within the guild. Without knowing who characters belongs to who, characters are getting booted.

Give us a method of telling whos characters belond to who

dwelsh99
01-27-2011, 07:18 AM
I would like to touch base on this again. This would be a very helpful feature.

A method of see all the characters under one account.

If have to boot someone, I want to insure I get all thier characters.

134 active account and dont know how many characters with MyDDO not working. This is just too many to track properly, using our current Guild dialog box.

IMO, This area could use some attention.

Added: Maybe even a column showing thier Forum name as a masterlist.

dunklezhan
01-27-2011, 07:28 AM
I agree that you should be able to set one character as your 'main' on that server. There's an addon, Identity2, in The Other Game Which We Do Not Speak Of which just made life SO much easier for all concerned if you had a lot of characters. It was aimed at chat channels rather than guild listings and the like, but it was such a godsend.

Essentially you set one character as your 'main' and whenever you posted anything in chat it would appear as [main]:[current] says: "xxx"

You could even set it so it would only appear in certain channels (e.g. only any out of character channels you had set up rather than it appearing in /say or /guild and breaking suspension of disbeleif).

Something like that, with a tie in to the guild social page would be... awesome.

Faelyndel
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I agree that you should be able to set one character as your 'main' on that server. There's an addon, Identity2, in The Other Game Which We Do Not Speak Of which just made life SO much easier for all concerned if you had a lot of characters. It was aimed at chat channels rather than guild listings and the like, but it was such a godsend.

Essentially you set one character as your 'main' and whenever you posted anything in chat it would appear as [main]:[current] says: "xxx"

You could even set it so it would only appear in certain channels (e.g. only any out of character channels you had set up rather than it appearing in /say or /guild and breaking suspension of disbeleif).

Something like that, with a tie in to the guild social page would be... awesome.
I definitely support the idea of attaching a "main" identity to alts to make it easier to determine who belongs to who. Adding an ability, through MyDDO or however they wanna do it, to deselect characters from being associated to your main might appease more people, though it would certainly be more complex coding than tagging all characters on an account with the Main's identity.

To build on the OP's suggestion, in addition to the quoted one, there could be another tab added to the guild page of the social panel that lists characters by account. This would probably be best implemented again with some sort of Main identity. I'm envisioning something like this:
Main:

Character

Character
Main:

Character

Character

Character