PDA

View Full Version : Please Pimp the Luck Blade...

dragons1ayer74
07-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Here is the 3.5 Stats

Luck Blade: This +2 short sword gives its possessor a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. Its possessor also gains the power of good fortune, usable once per day. This extraordinary ability allows its possessor to reroll one roll that she just made. She must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll. In addition, a luck blade may contain up to three wishes (when randomly rolled, a luck blade holds 1d4–1 wishes, minimum 0). When the last wish is used, the sword remains a +2 short sword, still grants the +1 luck bonus, and still grants its reroll power.

For DDO I would implement it as follows:
1. 1d4-1 (or static 2 if works better for DDO) 1 Shot Charges : Spirit of the Blade (exactly the same as cake of wishing, if you don’t want to get too creative)
2. The 1 a day re-roll mechanic would be tough to represent so how about a single more + or good hope clickie once per day
3. Change the bonus to saving throws to something other than resistance like perhaps a luck bonus.
4. It would be nice if the changes where retroctive for existing luck blades but I would also be happy if it only applied to new ones, it would be an exciting little mid-low level pull.

Homestarfan
07-22-2010, 10:34 AM
So every time you got one, you could get two free tomes? I sure hope this is a super rare pull, cuz this would be farmed to death.

dragons1ayer74
07-22-2010, 10:49 AM
It currently is a rare pull not sun blade, dwarven thrower or frost brand rare but still rare I have easily gotten 3 times more (likley 4 times more) +1 tomes than luck blades that I have looted. It also can not be farmed other than from one spot where by the time that you could be farming it you likley have +2 tomes where you want them. And if turbine is worried about farming make it bind on aquire.

edit: Also if worried about farming for the other benefits also make it exclusive, so one blade at a time.