PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass Friendly

Silver_Darkness
07-21-2010, 01:09 AM
The game needs to be more multiclass friendly; why not have certain classes, feats, and Prestige Enhancement connect together. They could add multiclass feats and enhancements. Perhaps a weaker capstone made of each class you took that 1/2 or 1/3 the benefits of each classes capstone.

AyumiAmakusa
07-21-2010, 01:13 AM
The game needs to be more multiclass friendly; why not have certain classes, feats, and Prestige Enhancement connect together. They could add multiclass feats and enhancements. Perhaps a weaker capstone made of each class you took that 1/2 or 1/3 the benefits of each classes capstone.

I'm pretty sure you'll be flamed for this. So, I'll let the others tell you why this is a bad idea.

incineration
07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
first off, there are many different PrEs that work well together already, such as Kensai 2 and tempest 1, while capstones are to reward those that stay as a pure class and having a ton of different capstones just ruins the whole idea of one, although some things need to be changed about PrE overlapping making some incappable of taking w/ others that could be very potent, a great example being ninja spy and acrobat

The idea also would have problems where it would make certain multiclasses (depending on the "capstone" it got) to be the best above all other builds, multiclass or pure, and this would be a problem as min/maxers go for every last point, and if one build has better stats than ANY other, it will become the standard, no matter how odd, or how much grinding it takes

Xyzima
07-21-2010, 01:25 AM
arcane heirophant(races of the wild, druid/arcane caster) Mystic Therge(DMG, divine/arcane caster), blackguard(probably not but still would be cool)
Rainbow Servant(Complete Divine, 7/10 caster level progression, level 10 gives all cleric spell list to your arcane spell list, great in combo of sorc and warmage, as you have access to entire clerical list, spontaniously, but dont get 9th level spells) Dagger spell Mage/shaper(complete adventurer), Ur Priest,

im not terribly great with the multiclass PrC's off the top of my head although there is the one in Complete Mage that gives bot sponatious and prepared arcane caster spell casting levels.(so both wis and sorc), as well as divine caster or arcane caster with warlock(also a good base class)