PDA

View Full Version : Chat Window Display Error

AZgreentea
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I have noticed a strange bug with the chat window.

What happens is when someone, the same player for that occurrence it would seem, uses the chat, random characters are displayed for their username. So, (Advice)<Playername>: <player entered text> becomes (Advice)<Garbage text usually two lines long>: <player entered text>. I do not think it is the name they typed in, since it is far too long to be a legal name (it occupies two lines in the chat window).

I havent figured out Screen Shots in DDO, so I dont have one. It has only happened about three times on different characters, and it only seems to do it to that one person when they type in chat (though I have no idea who they are, obviously, it does not seem to be the same person each time it has happened). I do not see this every time I log in, and I am not sure that anyone except me is seeing it. Other people seem to be responding to the person normally (but once another person implied they could see it too. I was too busy to ask). I have only seen it happen to Guild, Trade, and Advice chat, so its possible it has something to do with the colored text? Has anyone else noticed this or am I going crazy?

If someone could give me a quick rundown of how to capture and access screen shots in DDO, I will grab one the next time I see it. I have tried using printscreen, but it dosent seem to go into any DDO folders (this is how it was done in the last MMO I played). My Search-fu has not revealed any screenshot capturing advice.

AZgreentea
07-15-2010, 10:18 PM
OK, I got a screen shot of it (Thanks to DDOwiki for listing all of the ingame hints).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15558916@N00/4797661943/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15558916@N00/4797661943/sizes/l/

voodoogroves
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
In my experience this is typically someone w/ a component to their name which has censored bits. The first I saw, for instance, was "XXXXbeauty" where XXXX was like "darn" but different. It showed in the chat as "!@#$$^@!$#!#@$$@!$#!@#$!@#$#@$!@!$BEAUTY has joined your party"

Dehna
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Lol, that is an odd bug to have.