PDA

View Full Version : Misfits & Malcontents: A Casual, PVE Guild.

Doganpc
07-01-2010, 11:33 AM
http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/doganpc/Screenshots/mmsddo.png

So, you don't have a guild, but don't necessarily want to be "in a guild" or you have a thing for "odd" character builds...
Perhaps you're tired of people trying to force you to play on Elite, or having a hard time filling a party because people don't want to break their streak...

Well, fellow disgruntled DDO'r; I got the guild for you! Misfits and Malcontents, Created originally for my multiclass experiments and to take advantage of new guild features with update 5 is now available to all guild avoiding (or interested) players. There are no player commitments, no restrictions on what or how you play so long as it doesn't interfere with how someone else wants to play (read: don't be abusive to other players and you're good). You don't have to play 6hrs a day or even 6hrs a month! Members are free to come and go as they please, to join with other members, to avoid other members, to PUG, to raid, or to just socialize and role play. As such, it should be noted that other members should respect each other's choice of play-style and not harass each other because of their imminent needs (The solo cleric guy should not be hounded because you need a Rez). Members that contribute to the guilds resources and play in a manner that encourages others to play with us will find themselves promoted. What it all boils down to is that in exchange for you occasional +5 Renown for killing monsters Misfits and Malcontents will provide you with access to available guild amenities. As a bonus, it seems I'm rather nice to fellow members and don't mind answering questions and providing player insight (and the occasional guided dungeon) to the best of my ability. I want you to enjoy DDO as an entertaining diversion, not as some part-time job!

Now at Level 27! Members with m&m's have access to the small guild augment slots (make sure to match crystal to item type!) and all the Discount Hireling Vendors (cheaper than our Haggle Bard can get them).

Catch/Mail Sahrian (Leader), Jaisun (Officer) or Hagworth (Treasurer) on Orien for an invite.

Dogan
Sahrian will probably be the most available in game.

Doganpc
07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Got the My DDO all worked out for this guild. Still haven't figured out how to post journal entries so that they appear on the guild page and not my page, but you can check it out here.
http://my.ddo.com/guild-orien-misfits_and_malcontents/

Dogan
Still working on simple website, might have forum capabilities.

Doganpc
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
The guild has made it to Rank 8
What this means to members and interested players, is that we now provide access to both the Discounted Arcane & Divine Reagent Vendors! Pick up those casting supplies on the cheap, just by association.

Here are a few examples from our guild to give you an idea of who is a Misfit and Malcontent.
The Husband/Wife Duo Team - They're enjoying DDO with some hirelings.
The Soloist - He's just in it for the access
The PUG'r - I'm constantly getting together random (non-guild) people to attempt various quests.

Nobody has really played with any other member of the guild and thats okay. You don't need some overbearing control freak of a guild leader telling you how often you need to play or trying to get you to run quest "whatever" for the 10th time so they can level up some alternates... You have options!

Dogan
Misfits and Malcontents: Play your game, not ours.

Doganpc
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Halfway to level 13, new (and thus more) members have contributed heavily in recent days pushing us well past the level necessary for our first Discount Hireling Vendor.

Dogan
Growin the guild one 'ie' at a time.

Doganpc
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Good morning forums!

Its been a while hasn't it... Well, there really hasn't been a whole lot to report, got some new members, think we're up to 10 accounts now. Most of them rather inactive, but that is to be expected and truly I don't mind. The good news, is that we've acquired access to all discount hireling vendors. From clerics to wizards, we got your semi useful henchmen available. Far as I can tell, these prices are pretty darn good. Buying a Level 7 cleric with Haggle ~20 at your normal vendor, 116pp. Buying at the discount vendor, 106pp.

Dogan
Who knows whats next.

Doganpc
03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
We're not dead! Apparently the listing on the master guild list still works as a few recent additions has prompted me to bump the guild thread. Oh and thanks to whomever maintains that thread for not deleting M&M's!

In other news, the guild is roaring down on Level 21. I think the only vendor left is the wand vendor at 22 (iirc). No plans for an airship, Hagworth is just too greedy with his plat to splurge on one of those things and about the only thing we could possibly afford consistently is the navigator to make jumping from area to area quicker. Besides if you're pugging on Orien, airship buffs is a 10min waste of time as most those people will be dead and running for a rez within 20min! :D

Once again, M&M's is a chill, enjoy your game time and don't fret the small stuff guild with no aspirations or delusions of grandeur. Those other guilds epeen's might be bigger but we've never failed to please, BooYah!

Dogan
[/rhetoric]

Xenus_Paradox
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
As opposed to a PvP guild?

Doganpc
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
As opposed to a PvP guild?
Technically... yes. Now if I want to dance my way around this like a female halfling's /dance2... There are many forms of PvP. I consider the grind imposed on players by other players so they can carbon copy raid run #infinite a form of PvP. Basically anything where a player imposes their game upon another player's could be considered a form of PvP.

Its not entirely accurate and I'm not entirely serious either.

Dogan
Which is kind of the point; its all entertainment my friend.

Doganpc
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Time for an update!
A guild composed mostly of AFK members, Mules and Solo players has reached level 23. We have an airship with some basic things (Jorasco, Silver Flame, Training Dummy) and access to all guild vendors not related to guild size (augment crystals).

So, for anyone still intersted in the non-guild experience (no commitments, no demands) seek Sahrian or Lison out.

Dogan
Play your game, not ours.

LordMond63
06-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Why do I think that the name of this guild was the rejected song title of Strawberry Alarm Clock's follow up single?

Doganpc
06-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Wait a sec... they had a follow up single?

Dogan
Sha la laaa, sha laa laaaaa

LordMond63
06-19-2011, 09:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Alarm_Clock

The single "Tomorrow" from this album was a minor hit and their only other Top 40 appearance, reaching #23 in early 1968.

Whoda thunk it?

Doganpc
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Only 2 months later M&M's has achieved grandness at level 25. Please make sure to bring your ID if you're going below decks after 6pm as local law requires the Tavern to serve only legally aged patrons after such a time. Note the Tavern will close daily at 2am, but feel free to check out or early bird breakfast specials at 3-5am 7 days a week!

Anyone else think the Navigator L1 should be any Wilderness zone you have the explorer quest for? Seems more right, cause honestly why would you want to go back to searing heights once you've explored it all? (yes I know some of you are diehard enough to do it for every Rare & Slayer #).

Dogan
See ya on the Orien side.

Doganpc
03-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi me, its me again.

Lets be straight here, I know there are better casual guilds. I know you can find larger guilds with more amenities. If you're lucky you can find a RP guild on Orien (lol, yeah right). What I know you can't find is another way to express your displeasure at what the game has become. Welcome to the new grumpy old man version of Misfits and Malcontents. The ultimate in hands off guild membership, play your way with your build at your pace. Join with other guild members to play as an individual who happens to be cooperating with other individuals to accomplish a task. Take back the fun and forget about "streaks".

Send a mail to Sahrian, she's the most reliable contact. You might catch Lison, technically he/she has the ability to invite players. Oh and if you see Kerryagun, he might be capable of letting you in.

Dogan
Who determines how you play?

Doganpc
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Well fancy that.. my guild is over 2 years old.

Dogan
Take that world!