PDA

View Full Version : I want my Icy Bursts back!

KapnKrunch
06-29-2010, 09:27 PM
So I logged on to my battlemage today to see how useless he would be in the shroud.
12 Wiz/6 Ftr/2 Mnk.

Kind of a useless build now, was lotsa fun before...
I can deal with that, I'll just TR him after one more completion.

But, to add insult to injury... 3 of his upgraded Icy Burst Khopeshes no longer have Icy Burst.

I dread to login to my other melee types to see how many upgrades they've lost.
Some of the icons colors are even messed up now.

This is the worst update I've ever seen on any game.

NOT a HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Falco_Easts
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
What other effects were on the Khopeshes apart from Icy Burst?

KapnKrunch
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Lets see....

now they are:

+1 Shocking Burst, Greater Elemental Bane and Frost... no icy burst (icon is no longer blue)
+1 Wounding, Greater Elemental Bane and Frost... no icy burst
+1 Vorpal, Sneak attack bonus 1 and Frost... no icy burst

+2 Paralyzing, Icy Burst seems unaffected

FluffyCalico
06-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Lets see....

now they are:

+1 Shocking Burst, Greater Elemental Bane and Frost... no icy burst (icon is no longer blue)

Then they corrected your weapons. It was made very very clear all allong that you were not supposed to icyburst a frost weapon (bug that it even worked) or worse refrost one after you icyburst it to get both (known exploit now fixed)
Being able to both frost and icyburst a weapon was all over the forums as not working as intended and and exploit. They even warned people that it was going to get fixed. You are lucky they did not just delete the weapons.

SolarDawning
06-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Lets see....

now they are:

Ah, so you mean you used the exploit allowing you to get both frost and icy burst from the Risia games on the same weapon?

That same exploit which a dev posted would be fixed at some point and the extra properties removed?

Looks like your problem's been fixed already.

/no sympathy

KapnKrunch
06-30-2010, 02:11 AM
These were already fixed quite a while back....
Now they've been broken.

Falco_Easts
06-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Lets see....

now they are:

Yup, that's what I thought. As the others said, it was a bug/exploit and you are lucky to still have the weapons at all.

KapnKrunch
06-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Again.... these weapons were already fixed a long time ago!

As of yesterday, they're now broken.
Icy burst's have been reduced to frost in some cases, where frost wasn't even there before.
The icon colors have changed.
It's quite strange, and seems different across an array of weapons.

Nevermind... you wouldn't understand... just cry foul.

taurean430
06-30-2010, 02:30 AM
A more approriate move I think would have been to place them back in your inventory permanently broken, with a note that read, '...Tsk tsk..."

At least that's what I would have done.

Be thankful they did only what they did.

KapnKrunch
06-30-2010, 02:42 AM
It's like talking to a wall...

Something randomly altered these upgrades this update.

Fortunately it isn't too bad, checked about 37 upgraded weapons and only found 4 to be screwed up in this manner. I remember when all these items were fixed a long time ago, some of them had broken names. I'm guessing it is these same 4 weapons.

Ah well, downgrade from icy burst to frost really isn't too bad, doesn't hurt most mobs anyway.
I was just taken aback that the first 3 I looked at on my newly broken toon were all that way.

zealous
06-30-2010, 02:57 AM
When weapons with both frost + icy burst were corrected to only have icy burst the weapons were still named frost weapon of X. Icy burst erroneously being changed to plain frost might be related to the erroneous name.

There was plenty of time to frost+icyburst weapons prior to it being identified as being unintended and slated for fixing.

As far as I can recollect, it was stated that icy burst + frost would be reverted to simply icy burst.

Seeing as recipe 3+4 were quite easily available and adding them would still allow you to retain icy burst, there was scant reason not to enjoy it while it lasted.

The OP hasn't done something dodgy, his complains are legit.

AphexTwin
06-30-2010, 02:59 AM
I've had a question going through my mind that might answer this. But I could be totally wrong. Icy burst is supposed to go off on a crit only, right? Well, I don't have any frost enhancements on my icy burst axe, and yet every time I hit a mob it shows cold damage. If I understand icy burst correctly, it shouldn't do that. So, perhaps it never was icy burst but actually frost, and they just changed the name to reflect this.

Again, I could be totally wrong. But I don't know any way to explain why I have cold damage on every hit, when its just an icy burst axe.

Feel free to correct me.

Ganolyn
06-30-2010, 03:10 AM
I've had a question going through my mind that might answer this. But I could be totally wrong. Icy burst is supposed to go off on a crit only, right? Well, I don't have any frost enhancements on my icy burst axe, and yet every time I hit a mob it shows cold damage. If I understand icy burst correctly, it shouldn't do that. So, perhaps it never was icy burst but actually frost, and they just changed the name to reflect this.

Again, I could be totally wrong. But I don't know any way to explain why I have cold damage on every hit, when its just an icy burst axe.

Feel free to correct me.

AFAIK burst effects give the normal elemental/energy damage (1d6) on every hit like their little brothers and the extra damage on top of that on a crit.

Noctus
06-30-2010, 05:18 AM
AFAIK burst effects give the normal elemental/energy damage (1d6) on every hit like their little brothers and the extra damage on top of that on a crit.

This.

UnderwearModel
06-30-2010, 06:01 AM
All of mine seem in order. I checked all types of weapons, including Khopeshes. I checked the ones on the characters and the ones in the bank.

Sorry for your inconvenience. I still have a bunch more to check though.

Hokiewa
06-30-2010, 09:28 AM
When weapons with both frost + icy burst were corrected to only have icy burst the weapons were still named frost weapon of X. Icy burst erroneously being changed to plain frost might be related to the erroneous name.

There was plenty of time to frost+icyburst weapons prior to it being identified as being unintended and slated for fixing.

As far as I can recollect, it was stated that icy burst + frost would be reverted to simply icy burst.

Seeing as recipe 3+4 were quite easily available and adding them would still allow you to retain icy burst, there was scant reason not to enjoy it while it lasted.

The OP hasn't done something dodgy, his complains are legit.

You are likely spot on. I didn't craft many icy bursts, and sure enough one of the them has reverted to frost instead of burst;

Diyon
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
You know, when they fixed the "dual frost" weapons to just have icy burst, they seemed to have missed all the handwraps that this was done to.

Impaqt
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM
What happened to your battle wiz? I have the exact same build and feel its just fine. WHat am I missing?

cwfergtx
06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I noticed the color of some of my greensteel weapons icons changed colors when I logged on last night. It was confusing at first since I was used to the other icon.

Ode1st
06-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Fortunately it isn't too bad

I just wanted to point that out.

Also, I guess the initial statement can technically be true if this was the only update he's ever seen or something :P.

KapnKrunch
06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey, I guess you aren't all bad....
Those first few posts were really disheartening.
Always surprising to see how ignorant some people can be.

Thanks for the few helpful replies, glad to know it's not just me.

Calebro
06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Be thankful you still have the weapons at all. They could have just deleted them and you'd had have no weapons left. I wouldn't complain if I were you.

The OP hasn't done something dodgy, his complains are legit. No they aren't. The descriptions on the cards that you refer to specifically state that you cannot add cold effects to weapons that already had a cold effect. The fact that you could was obviously a bug. "Enjoy it while it lasted" only proves that you were fully aware that it was not intended and was going to get fixed. Anyone complaining about it certainly does not have a legitimate complaint. As I said, they could have just deleted the offending weapons.
Count your lucky stars that they didn't, and find something else to complain about.

Eladiun
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM

No, not even the worst for this game.

Draccus
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I gave up on Icy Burst. It's not a new bug.

About half my Icy Burst weapons reverted to Cold Touch or Icy while the ice games were going on. I re-applied Icy Burst to all of them. It stuck on half of those but others reverted back to cold touch. I got tired of it and sold all my recipes instead of trying to add it again.

I eventually got it to stick to the only two I really care about, my Elemental Bames, and sold the rest.

zealous
06-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Be thankful you still have the weapons at all.

They could have just deleted them and you'd had have no weapons left. I wouldn't complain if I were you.

This is not about me.

No they aren't. The descriptions on the cards that you refer to specifically state that you cannot add cold effects to weapons that already had a cold effect. The fact that you could was obviously a bug.

Or was it a super secret easter egg recipe? There was plenty of time to do it before the official word was out.

You couldn't add cold effects to weapons that already had a cold effect not granted by the risia recipes. You could upgrade a risia frosted to a risia icy bursted, you could upgrade a ricia frosted to a risia frost cold touched.

For shroud crafting, if you add things in a special manner in a special procedure, consuming more ingredients, you get more powerful effects.

It can be argued both ways, for my opinion on the matter see this (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2754331&postcount=33), this (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2754401&postcount=44) post.

"Enjoy it while it lasted" only proves that you were fully aware that it was not intended and was going to get fixed. Anyone complaining about it certainly does not have a legitimate complaint. As I said, they could have just deleted the offending weapons.
Count your lucky stars that they didn't, and find something else to complain about.
You are confusing issues. The op didn't complain of loosing frost from his frost icyburst, he complained of his icy burst getting downgraded to frost.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2754833&postcount=50
This is an unintentional effect everyone, and when we fix it we'll be stripping the lesser versions from those weapons.

Not first stripping the lesser version and then downgrading icyburst to frost. If they had stated that the unintended weapons would at some point be stripped and at some point also downgraded the OP wouldn't have anything to complain about.

If they had stated that the weapons would be destroyed, people wouldn't have anything to complain about.

What has happened to the OP is different than what the devs said would happen, he has something to complain about.

If the devs clarify that the stripping of lesser effects was insufficient and that people having dual frosted their weapons shouldn't be left off so easily, he no longer has anything to complain about.
---------------------------

I gave up on Icy Burst. It's not a new bug.

About half my Icy Burst weapons reverted to Cold Touch or Icy while the ice games were going on. I re-applied Icy Burst to all of them. It stuck on half of those but others reverted back to cold touch. I got tired of it and sold all my recipes instead of trying to add it again.

I eventually got it to stick to the only two I really care about, my Elemental Bames, and sold the rest.
After the fix, trying to apply a cold touch recipe to a frosted weapon, cold touch would replace frost. Are you certain this isn't what you experienced?

Calebro
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
You are confusing issues. The op didn't complain of loosing frost from his frost icyburst, he complained of his icy burst getting downgraded to frost.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2754833&postcount=50
This is an unintentional effect everyone, and when we fix it we'll be stripping the lesser versions from those weapons.

Not first stripping the lesser version and then downgrading icyburst to frost. If they had stated that the unintended weapons would at some point be stripped and at some point also downgraded the OP wouldn't have anything to complain about.

If they had stated that the weapons would be destroyed, people wouldn't have anything to complain about.

What has happened to the OP is different than what the devs said would happen, he has something to complain about.
I don't care if they changed their minds and did something different or not.
He knew he was exploiting when he did it, as did everyone else.
With that knowledge, he loses the right to complain about the punishment.

If the punishment for murder was 100 hours of community service, does it make it OK to kill someone? Do you have the right to complain if they suddenly change the punishment to life in prison, after the murder was committed, but before you are tried?

He lost all rights to complain about anything even remotely having to do with Risia crafting when he knowingly exploited the system.
That's all there is to it.

gott_ist_tot
06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
12 Wiz/6 Ftr/2 Mnk.
Kind of a useless build now, was lotsa fun before...

Can you elaborate what has changed about this build? Just can't in a life of me imagine how update 5 would affect such a build... You didn't have the TWF line and are getting low offhand attack proc rate or what? Not much else changed with update I think...

I'm looking to roll a battle-wizzy and this kind of build is my favorite for some time, hence I'm wondering.

Kale_Hagan
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM
How many people have actually read his complaint?

Facts as I see them.

1. He used the exploit to frost/icy burst his weapons.
2. This was corrected when they fixed the exploit, and his weapons had frost stripped from them.
3. He logged on today and his weapons had been downgraded again from icy burst to frost.

This is an actual problem, he's not *****ing about his exploit being taken away.

Read the whole thing before condemning him to murder...

And to the OP - file a ticket and cross your fingers.

Calebro
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
How many people have actually read his complaint?

Facts as I see them.

1. He used the exploit to frost/icy burst his weapons.
2. This was corrected when they fixed the exploit, and his weapons had frost stripped from them.
3. He logged on today and his weapons had been downgraded again from icy burst to frost.

This is an actual problem, he's not *****ing about his exploit being taken away.

Read the whole thing before condemning him to murder...

And to the OP - file a ticket and cross your fingers.

I've read the complaint, and my position hasn't changed. He is talking about his exploit being taken away. Twice in fact. I can completely understand why he's upset about it, but I have no sympathy.

Kale_Hagan
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
How is it that you see that having the remaining icy burst effect being downgraded is justified?

At the point at which the icy burst was downgraded the weapons weren't exploits anymore.

Calebro
06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
At least he still has them.

Hokiewa
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
At least he still has them.

What about those that bought icy burst weapons from the AH. That now are frost weapons. You fail to address that.

Quite the lil judger aren't ya

Calebro
06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
What about those that bought icy burst weapons from the AH. That now are frost weapons. You fail to address that.

Quite the lil judger aren't ya

I'd ask myself why the item was for sale to begin with. Most people added Risia effects to weapons that they were keeping/using. Heck, the kits were selling for ridiculous amounts of plat, and then the items are being auctioned?

*thinks to self*
Something smells fishy here....

Granted, those people would at least have a legitimate complaint, *if* they bought the weapon with only one effect and that effect was changed.
*but*
Refer to the top of this post. Buyer beware.

Gkar
06-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Then they corrected your weapons. It was made very very clear all allong that you were not supposed to icyburst a frost weapon (bug that it even worked) or worse refrost one after you icyburst it to get both (known exploit now fixed)
Being able to both frost and icyburst a weapon was all over the forums as not working as intended and and exploit. They even warned people that it was going to get fixed. You are lucky they did not just delete the weapons.

Yes but the fix they applied was to remove the frost, not the icyburst

zealous
07-01-2010, 04:48 AM
I'd ask myself why the item was for sale to begin with. Most people added Risia effects to weapons that they were keeping/using. Heck, the kits were selling for ridiculous amounts of plat, and then the items are being auctioned?

If you knew the jump, you could easily get some 3-4 purple coins/minute. The festival was there for a long long time. Simply by logging in for a few minutes of jumping when otherwise occupied, doing some jumping while waiting for people to get on/group to fill and doing some late night chat with guildies jumping you could easily amass a substantial amount of recipes.

It was quite feasible to frost all the weapons you and a bunch of friends could possibly want, keep feeding recipe 5s to the AH and still have plenty to spare. If you spent some on of the moolah earned from selling recipes to buy any remotely interesting twink weapon on the AH and frost it, you might have ended up with a bunch of weapons neither you nor your friends really needed. You might also opt to buy,frost and sell weapons in order not to saturate the market for recipes, buy raw goods and sell refined product an all.

Hokiewa
07-01-2010, 06:09 AM

*thinks to self*

Granted, those people would at least have a legitimate complaint, *if* they bought the weapon with only one effect and that effect was changed.
*but*

Listen Mulder, this isn't JFK, aliens, or the disappearance of Elvis, it's a video game. You assume way too much.

Calebro
07-01-2010, 06:45 AM
You can believe whatever you like Scully. I happen to believe that people who knowingly exploit something, especially after it's publicly announced that said exploit will be fixed, have no right to complain about that fix when it occurs.

*edit:
And the people who purchase said weapons inherit the previous owners' waiving of those rights by knowingly purchasing an exploited weapon.

Hokiewa
07-01-2010, 06:49 AM
You can believe whatever you like Scully. I happen to believe that people who knowingly exploit something, especially after it's publicly announced that said exploit will be fixed, have no right to complain about that fix when it occurs.

I'll let it die since it's obvious you don't understand the issue. It must be sad seeing "red" around every corner.

Calebro
07-01-2010, 06:50 AM
I'll let it die since it's obvious you don't understand the issue. It must be sad seeing "red" around every corner.

As I have stated, and as I edited in the post above you, I completely understand the issue. I've explained my position on it. We disagree. It isn't the end of the world, and I have no sympathy.

Hokiewa
07-01-2010, 06:55 AM
*edit:
And the people who purchase said weapons inherit the previous owners' waiving of those rights by knowingly purchasing an exploited weapon.

You do now, that there are people that don't religiously read (if at all) the forums. So anybody buying one these weapons with no frost in the description should've automatically assumed at one point they were exploited?

By that rationale, anybody that's ever bought mana pots off the AH should have them removed, or any other item that at one point in the game was ********able.

That's a crazy belief.

zealous
07-01-2010, 07:17 AM

*edit:
Thing is though, you're wrong.

It wasn't an exploit, it was a unintended effect.

You're not allowed to post exploits on the forums, such threads are removed. There is at least one thread detailing exactly how to double frost and it's still here.

Players reported themselves for exploiting without any reaction at all.

What the OP has detailed is separate from the fix of the unintended effect, it shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.

Pre fix
weapon with both icy burst and frost; unintended

After fix
weapon with only icy burst; intended, legit
weapon has inaccurate name; bug/unintended

Now
icy burst erroneously reverted to frost; likely due to bug

The post fix pre U5 items were by all accounts legit and functioning as intended.

to reiterate: It was slated to get fixed, it got fixed. Then it got bugged. The OP complained about items getting bugged, you erroneously claim that he complains about them getting fixed.

Can you put forth any argument of substance as to why we should assume that reverting icy burst to frost was intended?

Gkar
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM

*edit:

If someone bought a weapon, after the fix, the was Icy Burst, but not frost, how would they have known it had been an exploit verison previously?

Calebro
07-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Thing is though, you're wrong.

It wasn't an exploit, it was a unintended effect.

blah blah blah

No, it was an exploit. You can try to justify it any way you want to, but that won't change the fact that it was an exploit.

If someone bought a weapon, after the fix, the was Icy Burst, but not frost, how would they have known it had been an exploit verison previously?

That's already been answered. Read the thread.

*thinks to self*

*but*

Draccus
07-01-2010, 07:47 AM
The bug can occur without the exploit. As I stated above, I've had several weapons revert back to Frost or even Cold Touch and I never once tried or used the exploit. It started happening when the Ice Games were still going on so it's an old bug and can occur even without the exploit.

Lorz
07-01-2010, 07:58 AM
You do now, that there are people that don't religiously read (if at all) the forums. So anybody buying one these weapons with no frost in the description should've automatically assumed at one point they were exploited?

By that rationale, anybody that's ever bought mana pots off the AH should have them removed, or any other item that at one point in the game was ********able.

That's a crazy belief.

Um I think your logic is flawed. You buy a stolen good.....you do not get your money back or get to keep it. In fact it's called Receipt of Stolen goods and can be a chargeable offense. Usually you just lose the item. So your whole ignorance of the law argument logic break down right there. And doing something that is an exploit and not knowing is still against the ToS and still gets you in trouble.

So it is you who needs to re think and quit trying to justify an exploit as acceptable. And you right if you bought duped items turbine should just delete them. And has every right too.

Just like when you buy a car and it turns out to be stolen....you lose it and your money.

/how do some of you people manage not to end up in jail with some of your logic towards issues in life. Really...

zealous
07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
No, it was an exploit. You can try to justify it any way you want to, but that won't change the fact that it was an exploit.

No it was not. You can call it exploit as many times as you want to, but that won't change the fact that it wasn't.

To make a comparison.
Epic SoS was obviously overpowered, it was even stated that:

(we got a little carried away there, didn’t we?)
It was unintended to be quite that good and thus got toned down.

Using your arguments, one could argue that people crafting and using the pre U5 eSoS were "exploiting" and that if eSoS crafted pre U5 unexplainably got reverted to the non epic version, they wouldn't have anything to complain about since it was so obvious that the pre U5 eSoS would get fixed.

The only difference between the eSoS scenarion and what has happened to the OP is that the unintended was caused by lacking QA in one case and lacking judgement in the other.

I'd ask myself why the item was for sale to begin with...
That's already been answered. Read the thread.

KapnKrunch
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
The items that were screwed up this update were Icy Burst... Not icy burst AND frost.
That was fixed a long time ago, as stated earlier.

After U5, the icy burst was somehow changed to frost on 4 out of my 37 items.
It sucks, and I'm sure it won't be fixed.
But at least I know I'm not the only one it's happened to.

Ilundel
07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe if you guys tried to explain step by step...

If I have a bland weapon, with no effect and I decided to use the cold touch risian recipe to add cold touch, then used cold recipe to upgrade to cold and then used icy burst recipe to add icy burst, would this be considered an exploit?

The answer is NO, because this was intended.

Now if said weapon was name Bland weapon of Frost and had Frost burst, and during this update, said weapon had it's icy burst weapon stripped back to Frost, would that be due to an exploit?

The answer is NO, it was unintentionnally named and had a proper effect.

Now Calebro, this is the type of weapon that the OP is talking about. These weapons had a proper Icy burst effect without additionnal effects on them, they were thus "legal". The icy burst effect being stipped down to frost is obviously unintentionnal on the games part and should be corrected.

Your going at it this way : "if it wasn't properly named, it was obviously due to the "exploit"." That's not necessarily the case, but regardless the punishment for this exploit was to remove the extra unintentionnal effects from the weapon and leaving the weapon with Icy burst on it and loosing the crafting recipes. Yet your advocating that the extra punishment of downgrading the icy burst to frost is justified. Well, if a judge has given you a 1 year sentence for stealing, is it justifiable that after 2 months, the judge gets back and tells you he's just added another 2 year to your sentence? No, judgement and applicable corrections were implemented, additionnal sentencing is NOT allowed for a given crime. In this case, downgrading a fixed weapon when it was in the state where it was deemed as intended is the equivalent extra sentencing after judgement and corrections have been applied and thus non-justified and should be brought back in the appropriate form (which is with Icy Burst).

Does that help you understand now?

Calebro
07-01-2010, 01:45 PM
this post you quoted there said exactly what it said: icy burst is gone and now its frost

No, the post made it sound as if the weapons had both frost and icy burst on them, and that the burst disappeared. I'm not the only one on the first page that read it that way. In fact, most of the first page did.
I completely missed the post explaining otherwise the first time through, but as I said, if only 1 effect was on it and that effect changed, he had a legitimate complaint.

Basically, with the vast number of complaints about these effects in general, I have no sympathy for anyone that uses them at all. Craft at your own risk, either by exploit or not.

Memnir
07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
The ice games are coming back soon, just so ya know.

Yazston_the_Invoker
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
The ice games are coming back soon, just so ya know.

Greeeeeeeeat...guess I know what I'll be doing on July 4th... (assuming the bug the OP mentioned did not happen to me...if it did, it'll give me an excuse not to grind purple coins for hours...) :D

Ilundel
07-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Lets see....

now they are:

Krunch this is the post that Confused a lot of people. Should have said:

Before this update I had:
+1 Shocking Burst, Greater Elemental Bane with Icy burst
+1 Wounding, Greater Elemental Bane with Icy burst
+1 Vorpal, Sneak attack bonus 1 with Icy burst

After this update I have:
+1 Shocking Burst, Greater Elemental Bane with Frost
+1 Wounding, Greater Elemental Bane with Frost
+1 Vorpal, Sneak attack bonus 1 with Frost

See, aren't things much clearer with clear Communication? :D:D

Thargnar
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Um I think your logic is flawed. You buy a stolen good.....you do not get your money back or get to keep it. In fact it's called Receipt of Stolen goods and can be a chargeable offense. Usually you just lose the item. So your whole ignorance of the law argument logic break down right there. And doing something that is an exploit and not knowing is still against the ToS and still gets you in trouble.

So it is you who needs to re think and quit trying to justify an exploit as acceptable. And you right if you bought duped items turbine should just delete them. And has every right too.

Just like when you buy a car and it turns out to be stolen....you lose it and your money.

/how do some of you people manage not to end up in jail with some of your logic towards issues in life. Really...

WHAT?! You buy an item from an auction house, it turns out to be stolen, you are now a bad bad person and go directly to jail do not collect 200gp. Yeah... that's exactly how it works in real life. Sotherby's has sent countless hordes of people failing the caveat emptor test to the big house for buying stolen paintings that Sotherby's fenced to an unknowing customer... suuure. And even if it was a private sale made in good faith you still have legal recourse to go after your money from the seller of the purloined products in the Papers & Paychecks universe. And of the most note, this is a freakin videogame, CSI will not become involved with the purchase of Deathdude McSlaughterpants' +5 Unholy E-peen of icy burst frost cold touch by Nooby McNooberson for a great big wad of imaginary gold pieces. But your final point, yeah I agree, due to the irrational logic fostered by ddo towards real life issues I'm sure there are tons of ddo players currently incarcerated.

Billy Peterson - Held on bail for suddenly indiscriminately smashing every crate in sight at a Box's R Us outlet.

Steve Patterson - Doing 5 years for assault at a renfest after liberating a musicians lute and beating a patron dressed as an orc with it screaming Thunderclap Thunderclap!!

Bob Fergusson - Life in prison for killing a waiter when asked to take care of the check, he said he was 'just trying to get the price down with an intimidation check', he later added that it was a mistake and he meant to hit haggle.

CaptainFatpants
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Bob Fergusson - Life in prison for killing a waiter when asked to take care of the check, he said he was 'just trying to get the price down with an intimidation check', he later added that it was a mistake and he meant to hit haggle.

+1 lol - nice.

gott_ist_tot
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
And we still don't know why 12/6/2 was a good idea pre-U5 and now it sucks, except because some icons are weird.

ragwa1
07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Learn context in relation to the whole thread. Otherwise, your point is moot.

No, sorry, but your point is "moot", as you put it.

You are both arguing over a completely stupid topic.

Shall we argue whether oranges take longer to peel than grapefruits, next?

ragwa1
07-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Umm, no...Calebro kept telling everybody what it IS...preaching to everyone that he was right and everyone else was wrong. What Hokiewa and others were trying to point out is that the DEVS referred to it as an "unintentional effect", which is the very definition of a bug, and that they never described it as an exploit. They were not preaching what it was as much as saying, "here's my proof, in the form of Dev's expert testimony". In fact, I think their point was, since the devs never called it an exploit, and nobody got banned for using it (as far as I know), then there is no reason to call it an exploit. Bug, however, is the more apt term, which does not involve throwing blame. All they were doing is falling back on what they were told by a Dev, and they don't feel it's necessary to read any further into it until they are told otherwise by a true expert.

*I*; however, DO believe I'm an expert. :D I just don't want to end up writing a dozen posts about semantics and my opinion, when the bug/exploit/whatever is not the point of this thread and never was. It was only shoehorned in there by someone who wanted to try to show how he was better than the OP, and try to tear him down in the process. In this case, you seem to have come in here for a similar effect. Instead of that, would you please instead, drop the accusational tones and go and check any Icy Burst weapons you have (Like I should have, but forgot...dang ToD and Hound!!!), to find out if this is a widespread bug, an perhaps get someone with Turbine working on it, if necessary.

Sorry that I forgot to check...will do again today...and remember, if you find anything...bug reports, people! :D

For a similar effect?

Please... As if my life is that empty.

dmslasher
07-31-2010, 05:06 AM
ok so any way im sure the op would like 2 know that this update they added new grafix to the frost icy and cold touch weapons witch cause them 2 glow brighter the more powerful affect im guessing the items reverting back 2 a lower affect is because of this change they did and that if you submit a ticket they will look into it. i hope this will be more helpful then all the ppl yelling at each other on this page.