PDA

View Full Version : OMG, a bug! Get it offa me! (Radiant Servant Bug)

phalaeo
06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Submitted a report for an experience I had today while using Radiant Servant's Aura.
Verbatim from Bug submission form-

Got both tiers of Radiant Servant & went out to the Orchard to test. Bug involves switching trinkets while the Aura is active (Litany of the Dead and HoGF). I cast an aura with Litany on (worked fine-19 per tic, non crit), had to switch out to my HoGF (still working fine at 19 per tic), went to switch Litany back in and all of a sudden, it's down to 5 a tic. Upon recasting the Aura (on top of the Aura I already had going), it went back to 19 per tic. Did some testing- results are consistent and could be reproduced.

sirgog
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Submitted a report for an experience I had today while using Radiant Servant's Aura.
Verbatim from Bug submission form-

Got both tiers of Radiant Servant & went out to the Orchard to test. Bug involves switching trinkets while the Aura is active (Litany of the Dead and HoGF). I cast an aura with Litany on (worked fine-19 per tic, non crit), had to switch out to my HoGF (still working fine at 19 per tic), went to switch Litany back in and all of a sudden, it's down to 5 a tic. Upon recasting the Aura (on top of the Aura I already had going), it went back to 19 per tic. Did some testing- results are consistent and could be reproduced.

A few thoughts:

Have you got exactly 18 cleric levels, and are good aligned?

I suspect the game has seen you equip Litany, momentarily given you a real neg level before replacing it with the halfway ones you get for wearing a non-weapon item with alignment issues, so your caster level fell from 18 to 17 briefly, and has thus made your aura pulse for less. The game has likely 'recalculated' the aura and got it wrong.

If you put HoGF back on again while it is pulsing for 5, does it jump to 6?

phalaeo
06-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Interesting angle, and thanks for the feedback.

Have you got exactly 18 cleric levels, and are good aligned?

Yup. 18 CLR, 2 MNK, Lawful Good by default for the Monk levels.

I suspect the game has seen you equip Litany, momentarily given you a real neg level before replacing it with the halfway ones you get for wearing a non-weapon item with alignment issues, so your caster level fell from 18 to 17 briefly, and has thus made your aura pulse for less. The game has likely 'recalculated' the aura and got it wrong.

Interesting. I will have to pull my character sheet up and see if an "actual" neg level registers. All I've ever noticed from equipping Litany is the loss of 5-6 HP.

The only other thing to compare it to is my Level 9 Cleric, whose Aura heals for 4 pts a tic. Granted, I don't have a Litany or HoGF on her at level 9, but I would think that there would be a greater difference between a level 9 Cleric with no evil item equipped and (ignoring the MNK) level 18 Cleric with Litany equipped. It just doesn't seem like on e negative level will reduce the amount healed from 19 to 5 (5 being only one HP more than what my lowbie does).

A few thoughts
If you put HoGF back on again while it is pulsing for 5, does it jump to 6?

Did not think to try that, but I certainly will the next time I'm on.

rest
06-29-2010, 12:59 AM
It's also totally awesome that the aura takes charges off your party's mantle/scarabs while active.

Wait no that totally sucks. :(

samho
06-29-2010, 01:03 AM
It's currently one of the buggy for Radiant Sarvent, alongside with another bug of swinging weapon stop its healing.

The dev did state that they did find the cause and fix it on their internal build .. but not include in the U5 live release (so probably one or a couple more patch will fix it -- and yes, it's the bug we encounter on Lamannia)

GlorkTheInvader
06-29-2010, 01:34 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3067811&postcount=48

Devs are aware of it, have a fix for it, will implement SOON™. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly.

EDIT: However, no healing tics while attacking are WAI, as confirmed by Eladrin: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3064419&postcount=4

samho
06-29-2010, 02:03 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3067811&postcount=48

Devs are aware of it, have a fix for it, will implement SOON™. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly.

EDIT: However, no healing tics while attacking are WAI, as confirmed by Eladrin: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3064419&postcount=4

No, it's not, You might want to read a little bit more on the very same thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=257019) :p (As Phax and Eladrin comment in the later part)

Just fyi

Yes, if you're in the middle of a global cooldown after taking an action (like attacking), the aura won't pulse.

And by "Yes", I mean "No". I'm not the one that set up the spell, so I was wrong.

So it's not WAI and they aware it's a bug, just not made the fix fast enough to release it with U5 live

The_Great_Samulas
06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I've noticed if you simply swing after swapping out items it resets it back to the proper healing level.

Tobril
06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Toggling maximize off/on also fixes the aura, idk of doing the same with other metamagic works similarly.