PDA

View Full Version : True Reincarnation "Fix"

sirdanile
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Most trs solo their way through a good many levels with their xp penalty as it is currently, in order to increase the fun and challenge and decrease the grind I suggest a new dungeon difficulty.

How this would work is only trs could Join a dungeon with this new difficulty and normal players wouldn't see the option, The goal of the new difficulty is to challenge a group of four Extremely Well Geared Trs or Six Decently Geared Trs and as such would be more challenging than elite difficulty, also any quests which have epic mode available would give 1/2 the epic tokens if run at or slightly above level. The base xp for the new difficulty mode would be increased 25-50% and the first time bonus would be bumped up to 75% making trs Challenged, able to maintain a semi-quick standard of leveling, and to most of all enjoy the game!

Critiques and criticisms Accepted, I don't want to see a single mention of "Hi Welcome" from anyone! ;)

*edit* The standard of difficulty I am recommending could be attainable by increased number of enemies, increased damage and spell dcs, increased tactical ai, no dungeon scaling, no grazing hits, making enemy armor class matter...etc.

Rav'n
06-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi, Welcome

sirdanile
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi, Welcome

Fail

Hi Welcome

Success

Now what did you think?

herzkos
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Lets see, a difficulty level for TR's that is not visible to non-TR's?
Ok, too many problems with that request to list them all.

If levelling is a grind (which it is) and too easy (which is your choice),
feel free to gimp out your tr to make it more challenging. Or you could
leave all your good stuff in the cache until you reach a level where you
could have realistically acquired it.

I would far prefer that the devs spend their time on things other than
a super-elite difficulty setting to challenge a very small portion of the
player base: TR's only running with TR's and no mere mortals there.

Oh, feel free to use your guild "airship amenities" in the near future and
then complain about how easy the quests are.

AyumiAmakusa
06-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Welcome

Jokes aside, are you suggesting they implement another difficulty only viewable by TR's that is similar to Epic but gives exp and tokens as well? Not only would finding party members for it be tough, but this makes it too easy for people to level up as a TR. We'll be able to grind a quest in this order pseudo-epic 3 times then elite hard normal. Doing this for the pit and the cursed crypt means gaining 2 levels...

cdemeritt
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
OK, if you don't want "Hi, Welcome"

How about "Hola, bienvenidos"
Or "Salut, bienvenue"
Or " Привет, добро пожаловать"
Or "您好,歡迎"
Or " Γεια σου, καλώς ήρθατε"

Any of these better? Man I never realized at how difficult it is to say "Hi, Welcome" in some languages... No wonder we prefer war, it's probably easier to say Die! than Hi!

sirdanile
06-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Welcome

Jokes aside, are you suggesting they implement another difficulty only viewable by TR's that is similar to Epic but gives exp and tokens as well? Not only would finding party members for it be tough, but this makes it too easy for people to level up as a TR. We'll be able to grind a quest in this order pseudo-epic 3 times then elite hard normal. Doing this for the pit and the cursed crypt means gaining 2 levels...

The Epic token thing only applies to quests that have an epic setting, and the actual reward could be much less than half you would get for running epic, just a nice little incentive, also It only applies at level so you couldnt just go run this difficulty repeatedly on a capped tr.

The base xp bonus could be applied to each quest individually based on the xp and difficulty, thus the pit might give 15% higher, while something like Prove your worth in 3bc could be bumped up to oh say 60%.

REALb0r3d
06-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Everyone knows how easy and painfree it is to level a 2TR toon. Get a life :rolleyes:

But entertaining the idea.
Epic tokens no, more XP for TRed chars, I can see, 75% no, base XP increase of maybe 5-10% maybe.

Rav'n
06-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Fail

Success

Now what did you think?

You obviously don't know what it means, why it's "Hi, Welcome" and where it came from. :D

So...

Hi, Welcome

Rav'n
06-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Seriously though :

Most trs solo their way through a good many levels with their xp penalty as it is currently, in order to increase the fun and challenge and decrease the grind I suggest a new dungeon difficulty.

Not sure where you're getting this information. Most TR's I know or play along side try to Run thru quests as fast as they can with other TR's. The general idea is to spend as little time possible to get back to Raiding Levels. The ones that Solo, don't solo to increase the Fun or challenge... they solo because they don't want to waste game time holding hands with people that either don't know the game... or move at a much slower pace.

Especially with Dungeon Scaling. Why wait for a group on Norm/Hard (whereby scaling the quest up) when you can solo or run short handed with other TR's or Good players you know who are zerging thru to 20 as fast as possible.

sirdanile
06-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Seriously though :

Not sure where you're getting this information. Most TR's I know or play along side try to Run thru quests as fast as they can with other TR's. The general idea is to spend as little time possible to get back to Raiding Levels. The ones that Solo, don't solo to increase the Fun or challenge... they solo because they don't want to waste game time holding hands with people that either don't know the game... or move at a much slower pace.

Especially with Dungeon Scaling. Why wait for a group on Norm/Hard (whereby scaling the quest up) when you can solo or run short handed with other TR's or Good players you know who are zerging thru to 20 as fast as possible.

Zerging the same quest multiple times is less fun than running the same dungeon once with insanely more challenge to it worth the same xp/time ratio.

Also all the trs I know either soloed to level 20 or made the mistake of not soloing to 20 because you cannot be responsible for other players, and a single death due to stupidity loses 10%.

You obviously don't know what it means, why it's "Hi, Welcome" and where it came from. :D

So...

Hi, Welcome

I was around when It started, though I still don't know why...It's obviously a greeting and/or filler text for when nothing else would be more eloquent to say or when expressing someones stupidity or ignorance in a blatent manner.

Phidius
06-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Agreed.

Op, Turbine has no interest in giving TR's more XP for challenging themselves. Their intention is quite plain - run the same quests one more than your level over and over and over and over if you want to avoid getting into an XP drought in higher levels.

Evidence:

1. Continuous release of low level quests with an Epic difficulty - no help in getting to Epic levels, though.
2. Removal of XP bonus for doing quests over your level. Running quests over your level is a bad idea anyway, as you want to save those quests until later, but it's still evidence.

A simpler version of your suggestion would be...

"Add XP bonuses for running quests over your level".

Personally, I'd prefer the Turbine goes back to the simple "Normal/Hard/Elite", and let us decide what difficulty we want to run the quest at. I'm a little tired of the game telling me what I can handle rather than the other way around.

Xionanx
06-27-2010, 06:48 PM
This is how it feels to TR....

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0895/slide.jpg

sirdanile
06-27-2010, 09:14 PM

+1 rep :D

FluffyCalico
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM

That would be the first TR. The 2nd is like
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktlff65JAU1qan85to1_500.jpg

Irinis
06-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi, Welcome

Impostor Arkat strikes again!

Jiipster
06-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Hej Välkommen

Noctus
06-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Man I never realized at how difficult it is to say "Hi, Welcome" in some languages...

Hallo, Willkommen!