PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzing overpowered now?

Dark-Star
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
From Eladrin:

No changes have been made to paralyzing weapons.

That may be true, but some change has been made somewhere.

Playing around in the Battlefield, every mob was paralyzed on the first hit, without fail. Casters, trogs, orthons, devils.

I thought it might just be the lowered saves, so I tried Sins elite. Same deal, all varieties of mobs were paralyzed on the first hit. A DC31 stunning weapon they saved against contantly (fortitude), but a DC 17 will save they could not.

Not sure this is working as intended, it would be the easy button if it goes live on Monday.

Another observation, blinded mobs sometimes moved around when paralyzed. I thought this was going to be fixed?

Speaking of blinded, is Holy Aura working as intended? Because... um, wow.

grodon9999
06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Not sure this is working as intended, it would be the easy button if it goes live on Monday.

Thanks! I was wondering what exploit to use in Epic :)

Dark-Star
06-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Just tested Epic, same thing, paralyzed on the initial hit.

Cyr
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
That sounds like it is WAI:rolleyes:

Good find OP.

Arlathen
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Lol! Quick! Buy all the paralyzing weapons on AH before Live time! :D

Goldeneye
06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
...interesting

Zenako
06-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Lol! Quick! Buy all the paralyzing weapons on AH before Live time! :D

Nope empty the bank of excess AFTER live time!....

Seriously, it seems some serious borks are happening if we are getting auto Para going on. Gonna make that good ole Para of Puncturing Bow interesting on an AA. Ouchies!!

Visty
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
theres so much borked with U5, they really should delay it till after U6 and make it right

ClashM
06-24-2010, 01:24 PM
I like all the airships and even the PrEs (Though they're still broken a bit with bugs and things that should be added.) It's mostly the combat changes that seem to be causing all hell to break loose. Let's just move those back to update 6 or 7 and get the good stuff now, please? :)

yams
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Some rebel dev probably felt bad about the Weighted changes and slipped this in. Oh the sly weasel.

Dark-Star
06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Got a PM, they are going to look into it.

Boromirs
06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Got a PM, they are going to look into it.

Thanks, Thanks A LOT (MASSIVE SARCASM LADEN)... OF all NERFING we get something nice, and now that is nerfed. Is everyone on here a masochist?

Hokonoso
06-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Thanks A LOT (MASSIVE SARCASM LADEN)... OF all NERFING we get something nice, and now that is nerfed. Is everyone on here a masochist?

yes, the OP is def a masochist, why else would he post this? this coulda easily been an oversight :P

Alanim
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
I think they might have also borked crippling, but not 100% sure.

On live doesn't it currently slow movement AND attack rate by 50%? because on lam it doesn't seem to.

donfilibuster
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
There's a few threads already stating that holding a paralyzer on the offhand is nerfed because it procs less times than before.
Seems logical that holding a paralyzer on the mainhand would proc more often.

Dark-Star
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
yes, the OP is def a masochist, why else would he post this? this coulda easily been an oversight :P

I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy a balanced and challenging gaming environment. Part of the reason I played EQ for so long was that there were severe consequences for screwing up. If you didn't have skills, the game made you pay. For the same reason, I run epic and elite when appropriate in DDO, not normal and casual.

Think about it, all mobs, even on Epic, being paralyzed on every single hit, no save what so ever is not fun for long.

I would rather take the roughest content the devs throw at us and then develop character builds, stategies and skill sets that allow me and my friends to beat those quests and raids on the hardest settings.

It's like the people that cheat in single player games... what's the point honestly?

This bug makes epic easier than some casual quests, and if it's not fixed players will leave in mass out of shear boredom.

Dorian
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I just tested this out... mobs were still saving a lot with my paralyzer/curse combo.

Jendrak
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
There's a few threads already stating that holding a paralyzer on the offhand is nerfed because it procs less times than before.
Seems logical that holding a paralyzer on the mainhand would proc more often.

?????:confused:

Paralyzers "proc" on every hit anyway. So wether or not it's main or off hand its the same.

Now if they are saying that the mobs fail their save and get paralyzed more this is either:

1. a bug
2. blind luck
3. someone just not knowing *** they are talking about.

I'm thinking its a combination of the last two.

Dark-Star
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I just tested this out... mobs were still saving a lot with my paralyzer/curse combo.

I just tested on Lamannia just now again, works the exact same way. Send me a PM and we can meet up and I can show you.

Boromirs
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I just tested on Lamannia just now again, works the exact same way. Send me a PM and we can meet up and I can show you.

I looked into this also, I actually think I've been getting lower success rates with paralyzers (thus my comment about them having been changed in some way). I think you and I should meet up on Lam sometime and go through some common quests, the "bug" could only be with you and you alone since the rest of us are experiencing same or even lower success rates.

donfilibuster
06-25-2010, 06:58 PM
?????:confused:
Paralyzers "proc" on every hit anyway. So wether or not it's main or off hand its the same.

no, it meant to refer to the dualstrike related changes in twf that make the offhand swing less often, therefore making a paralizer have a chance to hit less times.
Granted there's some lack of info on how twf works now, but be it right or wrong there's some threads on this out there.