PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying things about DnD!

Meraj
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
1. This is a huge one. None of my keys will save once I remap them. Every time I close out the game and come back it's all reset to default.

1a. Seriously this is just as annoying. The dungeon master's voice will randomly just stop working. I have to mute and umute the sound to get him to speak again.

2. Why can rogues attack, use potions, disable and unlock, all while staying in hide but as soon as you pull a lever for a door or anything else similar to that, you are kicked out of hide?? Quests like Stealthy Repossession are just impossible to get through without aggro due to this very issue.

3. Kobold shamans, and maybe other monsters, climbing impossible walls.

4. Attack penalty while moving in combat. Makes no sense! Since when is combat static? Offense and defense in combat is all about movement, not how solidly you can stand in one spot.

5. I'm sure this has been brought up before. PvP, lol... It's like somebody created a skeleton system for it then left it to rot. It's extremely unbalanced and rogue's hide skill is useless due to the fact you can see a person's name from a mile away. I'm just hoping at some point this game will adapt a better PvP system because I see potential.

Rockcrusher
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
1) might be a permissions issue on your O/S.

1a) Sound drivers or hardware likely faulty or unsupported.

3) Would be nice

4) It's like that for all classes unless you take the feat which removes that -4.

5) DDO was never intended to be a PvP game. I don't worry about it for that reason. Certain spells don't function, full abilities don't work. Once you hit 75 AC, weapons can't touch you, etc. PvP is kind of silly IMO.

Arvess
06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Official Documentation.

rdasca
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
1. This is a huge one. None of my keys will save once I remap them. Every time I close out the game and come back it's all reset to default.

1a. Seriously this is just as annoying. The dungeon master's voice will randomly just stop working. I have to mute and umute the sound to get him to speak again.

2. Why can rogues attack, use potions, disable and unlock, all while staying in hide but as soon as you pull a lever for a door or anything else similar to that, you are kicked out of hide?? Quests like Stealthy Repossession are just impossible to get through without aggro due to this very issue.

4. Attack penalty while moving in combat. Makes no sense! Since when is combat static? Offense and defense in combat is all about movement, not how solidly you can stand in one spot.

5. I'm sure this has been brought up before. PvP, lol... It's like somebody created a skeleton system for it then left it to rot. It's extremely unbalanced and rogue's hide skill is useless due to the fact you can see a person's name from a mile away. I'm just hoping at some point this game will adapt a better PvP system because I see potential.

#1: I have the same problem, real fun since I use "R" as my teamspeak hotkey, and if I forget to remap when I login, I go running off in the middle of a fight when someone says hi and I reply to them.

#1a: I have DM voice turned off on most of my toons, but yeah I used to see this also, I guess my creative labs sound card is not supported or faulty, ummm not.

#2: It is suppose to be this way.

#3: Yeah, real funny when you are a low level, no ranged weapon having, toon trying to kill that last one so you can get that door to unlock.

#4: meh, it's to stop zergging, yeah sure it is, but yeah sucks being harried x4 trying to kite a mob through a blade barrier running solo. (sorry misread your complaint, what Rock said :) )

#5: sorry don't do PvP, don't like it, and while I understand your personal view, mine is I hope the devs do not devote much time to it, I want bug fixes, and more high-end quest / raids instead.

Phidius
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM

This sounds like a specific problem with your computer. Sorry, I have no advice or words of wisdom for you here.

There's a skill in sneaking that has nothing to do with your character's ranks in Hide or Move Silently. It takes practice, practice, and more practice to learn how to do it.

You don't agree that it's harder to hit a target while moving than while standing still?

Yup, it's been brought up multiple times. PvP was tacked on as an afterthought, but it's not rightly a part of the game. Personally, with all the issues that DDO has at the moment (like #2 & 3 above, only far more) I'd rather they leave PvP just as it is.

Stormwine
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Ok I just had to add one that just has me floored!
Slopes in the sewers! Every mob out there can stand in place on these thing I mean every mob, but players cant?! Really? I want to start seeing mobs dragged by the current just like I am or the reverse. What kind of shoes are the mobs wearing and where can I get a pair?

/rant off

AZgreentea
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
#1a sounds like a hardware issue. Update your drivers.

#2 is a bug. In U5, you will no longer be able to attack from hide and remain stealthy unless you are an assassin and you use the associated special attack.

#3 is fixed with Charm Monster. :D seriously though, thats annoying.

#4 I am no DnD loremaster, but I am pretty sure PnP is this way too, and its a game tradition. Its fixed with a feat , so plan accordingly.

#5 This game isnt PvP based. PvP is token in this game, and is mostly used by people to test spells and builds.... :p

Meraj
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Ok, as for the not saving keys and dungeon master's voice turning off. I wasn't sure that it was my drivers or anything because mostly everybody else I've talked to about it had the same issue. Especially the keys not saving.

rimble
06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Quests like Stealthy Repossession are just impossible to get through without aggro due to this very issue.

I would guess you're doing lazy "WoW-like" sneaking...i.e., Superior Invisiblity na na na you can't see me! You need to ACTUALLY sneak...stay out of line-of-sight, stay in the shadows, don't bump into things. In Stealthy Repo you need to time your lever pulls for when things are walking away or not facing you. It's possible to stealth entirely through that quest, though the very last lever can be tricky if the rare named is there. You can just pull and sprint for the end at that point though.

It does, of course, take practice, and it's unlikely you'll get through Stealthy Repo undetected on your first couple tries. It's not hard to figure out the patterns if you just watch the kobolds for a few minutes.

dredre9987
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
LOL just had to say this isn't DnD it's DDO :) big big difference

SINIBYTE
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM

Guessing mommy stopped paying your WoW bill?

Seikojin
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
1 and 1a are not ddo related. If your keymaps reset, then something is either destroying your preferences, you're deleting them, not saving them, dont have room to save them, have permission issues with them, etc, etc. Look in your mydocuments folder and then into the ddo or dungeons and dragons online subfolder. Inside should be a preferences file. If there isn't one, then you are not making one and the default is being created upon login.

Missing_Minds
06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
1 and 1a are not ddo related. If your keymaps reset, then something is either destroying your preferences, you're deleting them, not saving them, dont have room to save them, have permission issues with them, etc, etc. Look in your mydocuments folder and then into the ddo or dungeons and dragons online subfolder. Inside should be a preferences file. If there isn't one, then you are not making one and the default is being created upon login.

However, are certain keys still not saving? I know when they added in new default key binds, they messed up and those perticular settings were constantly being overwritten. I know the DDO store button was a major complaint.

Meraj
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Is there a save button in the menu?