PDA

View Full Version : AC stacking.

Aanggang
06-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Would a Wiz/Rog/Mnk get the AC both from the DEX and the WIS?

Brennie
06-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Yes.

Why wiz though? Rogue/monk works fine, wiz/rogue works fine, I don't see how the tripleclass works. Your build suddenly becomes reliant on every stat but charismam with diluted abilities in all 3 classes...

unbongwah
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I could see doing monk 2 / rogue 1 / wizard 17 (or monk 1 / rogue 2): adds UMD, Evasion, 1 or 2 extra feats, and WIS AC boost while still getting lvl 9 spells. Although I doubt the WIS AC will get high enough to do any good by endgame, but it might help while leveling up.

JohnWarlock
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Let Argue for a second that a viable AC is 50+ for quest, and people will still say that in Vale of Twilight and higher quests 50 AC is not enough.

Now if you have a wizard you need to max out your Intelligence, that will leave few if none points for Con, Str and also Wis, and you don't benefit from the AC monks get every certain levels.

You'll sacrifice the DC of spells by 1 more point and loose more spells for 3-4 AC the most, it's really difficult to get real AC in a caster. You'd do better to focus on a way to get DR on your caster. Use Displacement, get jump to get away from mobs, or have an intimitank in your group that can pull aggro and let you kill mobs.

If you are looking for a character build that has AC with monk splash, I'd recommend a 2 monk/ 18 cleric, or 2 monk / 18 FvS. Since they are more wisdom based classes.

Aanggang
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Thing is~
If I get go DEX-WIS I'd have higher saves on Reflex and Will, wouldn't I?

Matuse
06-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, slightly better.

But you will be awful as a character in general, just maybe half a percent more survivable than other characters who contribute to the group.

Maybe half a percent. If you're lucky, and you heavily out-gear them.

Aanggang
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes, slightly better.

But you will be awful as a character in general, just maybe half a percent more survivable than other characters who contribute to the group.

Maybe half a percent. If you're lucky, and you heavily out-gear them.

It's all better if you give reasonings.

Brennie
06-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Thing is~
If I get go DEX-WIS I'd have higher saves on Reflex and Will, wouldn't I?

Dex is a dump stat for wizards, for one simple reason: Insightful Reflexes (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Insightful_Reflexes).

AC will never be meaningful on a wizard, and reflex saves become fantastic with Insightful reflexes. Plus, wizards have mor ethan enough feats to slip in Insightful reflexes without sacrificing any casting ability.

Wizards also have inherently high will saves. While higher wisdom is nice, it is not strictly necessary.

Trying to have high con, dex, wis, and int will stretch your creation points so thin you will have to sacrifice in some areas. Its typically better to dump dex and wis altogether on a wizard, while maxing out int and dumping everything else into con.