PDA

View Full Version : Goalen's Journal: "You get what you pay for. And I'm the best."

tampaglen
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
There’s word on the street. It’s not safe. The locals are scared. The city officials are scared. They call it The Sharn Syndicate. I spoke with Yorrick Amanatsu last evening. He told of locals fearing for their safety, losing their homes and businesses. One local in particular is the Saloon owner, Maxwell Statler. I wouldn’t care so much if I hadn’t spent so much time at Max and Rance’s place. Maybe I’ll pay them another visit tonight and see what’s going on.

I spent a few hours at Max’s saloon before his brother, Rance, showed up. I had a chance to speak with him. He seemed very nervous, kept looking at the door when every patron walked in, like he was expecting someone. I asked him how business has been. He insisted everything is fine. By the look in his eye, I felt I wasn’t getting the whole story.

Nevertheless, I drank the night away. Eventually made my way up to the Denith district and Hammersmith’s Inn. I was about to retire for the night when I overheard some locals talking about trolls and trogs residing in the sewers. They were convincing some young adventurers to head down into the sewers and check it out. As I scoffed at this sad looking bunch, one of them approached me, offering a hefty reward to lead them through.

You know me: can’t walk away from an easy payday.

About 2 hours later, the rogue blew his eyebrows off on a control panel, the fighter was overpowered by the ogres, the cleric was toasted by the flaming elemental, and I was carrying the incapacitated bodies of my crew to the shrine. And yes, I took down Hammerfist the Mighty by myself.

I suppose it was worth it. When I returned to the inn, Keane D’Deneith presented me with his reward: a Mithril chain shirt. Should fetch a pretty penny in the marketplace.

unscythe
06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
What a tragic story to have spent the two long hours in one dungeon. But atleast you pulled through. I would have kept drinking.

Crazyfruit
06-23-2010, 07:53 PM
I love that fire elemental :) Always fun to see it pop out.

12floz
06-25-2010, 10:03 PM
What a tragic story to have spent the two long hours in one dungeon. But atleast you pulled through. I would have kept drinking.

And you stop why?

unscythe
06-26-2010, 08:20 AM
And you stop why?

Huh?

12floz
06-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Huh?

lol, you said you would have kept drinking

unscythe
06-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I would have kept drinking, and sit back and watch. Sometimes you need to enhale air and not alcohol.