PDA

View Full Version : Monk Rise of the Phoenix suggestion

Zuldar
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Compared to the dark equivalent Rise of the Phoenix is a little underwhelming, not because the ability itself is bad, but because it's not proactive enough to merit much use and can be easily duplicated through gear.

So what I suggest is that instead of, or in addition to, the raise dead effect, have rise of the phoenix act as a heal on a target that's still alive. It fits the theme of the light path and would be a much more useful ability. Tack on a 15 second cooldown or so if balance becomes an issue.

mjrepro
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Compared to the dark equivalent Rise of the Phoenix is a little underwhelming, not because the ability itself is bad, but because it's not proactive enough to merit much use and can be easily duplicated through gear.

So what I suggest is that instead of, or in addition to, the raise dead effect, have rise of the phoenix act as a heal on a target that's still alive. It fits the theme of the light path and would be a much more useful ability. Tack on a 15 second cooldown or so if balance becomes an issue.

Not a bad Idea good sir. Have it be like 25 health cost when used on a living target, and heal like 100 health.

The only problem I see coming from this is the fact that if you accidently use it on a living person instead of a dead one, then it is gone for that time period, and kinda wasted the ki

MarcusCole
06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
what I would like to see is Rise of the Phoenix be usable while dead, that might make it a whole lot more valuable :)

Darkrok
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
what I would like to see is Rise of the Phoenix be usable while dead, that might make it a whole lot more valuable :)

Completely agree...it would create a mechanic for the class that can't be duplicated with UMD - something which is sorely missing from the class.

HeavenlyCloud
06-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Won't happen since it will put something in-game that is exclusive from the DDO Store. And we all know Turbine cares more about the DDO Store than the in-game mechanics.

hydra_ex
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Great idea.