PDA

View Full Version : Squelch questions

Sir_Chonas
06-21-2010, 06:24 PM
1. Is there a way you can squelch more than one person at a time?
2. Can you type /squelch *charnamehere* to squelch a character even if they're not online?
3. Can you still get mails from squelched people?
4. Will squelching people remove them from your who panel?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't use the function often.

hydra_ex
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
1. Yes. Just /squlech name until the list is full.
2. Yes.
3. Don't know. Probably not.
4. No, they're still there.

Bonus: Squelched members get auto-declined from your groups, but you can still join their's, which leads to some awkward situations if you've forgotten that they're on your list... ;)

Sir_Chonas
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Tyvm +1

Sir_Chonas
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Follow-up, would it be considered harassment if squelched people rolled new characters, sent guild members, or something to send you tells?

I mean the squelch action should be enough of a message that you don't want to talk to someone right?

hydra_ex
06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
If they're harassing you then it is.

If they just want to see why you squelched them, then its OK.

Use your own judgement.

MrkGrismer
06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
If they're harassing you then it is.

If they just want to see why you squelched them, then its OK.

Use your own judgement.

Do people get a message when somebody squelches them?

Ainimache
06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
No, when you squelch someone they have no idea, until you stop responding to them.

You cannot see their text in chat, or hear their voice in a party (if they have a mic).

BUT you can wind up in a party with them. That can get awkward.

I believe you can even join a party they create, so some people keep a separate list of who they've squelched just so they don't wind up in group with them.

As for quickly squelching someone, if they've spoken in chat to you, you can right click their name and select ignore/squelch. That will add them to your list.

Your list IS limited, I don't know what number, I haven't hit it yet, but I've seen other say they have.

I don't have any idea how to look at your squelchlist, though I have to assume their IS some way. Otherwise how would you know who to unsquelch?

Good luck!

woundweaver
06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
i squelch everyone in the party as soon as i join

Kerplunk
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Just like to add, after you /squelch someone, make sure the right person got squelched.
Did a Xorian run, party leader was the most annoying dbag, I squelched him, yet he was still in chat.
Looked at my list, the completely wrong char got added, one whose name didn't even remotely resemble the offending persons, and whom I've never ran with before.