PDA

View Full Version : UI Issues with Character creation and resurrection

SCBTripWire
06-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I have some comments about the current UI for editing appearance, and character creation/reincarnation in general. Yes I did post a bug report about the first two issues, I'm merely reposting them here in an effort to publicize them such that they get attention for the purposes of increasing the odds that they get fixed.

1) For Lesser and Greater Resurrection it seems to me that it would be better to default to the character's current appearance (as opposed to randomizing) since we're not allowed to change race under those resurrection-types anyway and while I did reincarnate, I was already happy with my character's appearance and didn't want to change that aspect of it. Because of this UI issue however I have to try to recall the character's appearance from memory as I try to duplicate every detail in an effort to retain the original look that I was already quite happy with.

2) The fact that the word Appearance appears when selecting race and class is also misleading as clicking Next actually leads you to the stats selection screens first. Editing the appearance really should be the step immediately following race/class selection and before any stats are modified, otherwise I have a randomized character appearance staring me in the face while I sit and tinker with the ability/skill points and feats, despite the fact that I was happy with the original appearance I had chosen for her, considering she was a pre-existing character.

3) The progress indicator at the top of the screen during character creation/reincarnation doesn't help at all, it tells you what you already know because it displays what you've done and what you're doing, but not what you have left to do.

Thank you.

SCBTripWire
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
bump.