PDA

View Full Version : Colorblind vs. Character Creation

Myrddinman
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I was Reincarnating today and without my wife here to tell me which colors were which during the appearance customization screen, I was quite lost trying to distinguish between all of the choices. Is there a reason why it does not list the color when you mouse over each tile?

Please devs, give a little love to your colorblind brethren. It seems like it would be simple to implement.

Gkar
06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Better question, why don't they use the built in windows colour pallet that would let you accurately select colours either on the grid or by proper colour addresses instead of that nonsense random colour grid that doesn't even look the same in the horribly lit creation screen as in game?

Consumer
06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I share your pain and do the /sign thingy.

Myrddinman
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I won't even go into the color options for different types of feedback. I don't have severe colorblindness, but it is supremely frustrating at times. I just want to know if I'm creating a brown or red WF :)

GeneralDiomedes
06-16-2010, 08:56 PM
temporary solution: take a screenshot and paste into a paint program and get the RGB values with the color picker

then put RGB values into this app

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.php?X=SEEK

and choose "Web Browser Colors" and convert.

Myrddinman
06-16-2010, 09:10 PM
temporary solution: take a screenshot and paste into a paint program and get the RGB values with the color picker

then put RGB values into this app

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.php?X=SEEK

and choose "Web Browser Colors" and convert.

Stellar idea General!
+1 for you...thanks!

Brennie
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm partially Red/Green colorblind... but taht really doesn't relate to my next comment -

I hate having to "guestimate" what my character will look like once its in Stormreach. Can we *please* get natural full-daylight from the character creator, similar to the character selection screen? Sure, the dunegon motif is thematic, but it is also terribly misleading. I have remade characters just because their skin tone, eye color, hair color etc is *different* than it was in character creation in the full light of the Grotto's beach.

Myrddinman
06-18-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm partially Red/Green colorblind... but taht really doesn't relate to my next comment -

I hate having to "guestimate" what my character will look like once its in Stormreach. Can we *please* get natural full-daylight from the character creator, similar to the character selection screen? Sure, the dunegon motif is thematic, but it is also terribly misleading. I have remade characters just because their skin tone, eye color, hair color etc is *different* than it was in character creation in the full light of the Grotto's beach.

^^this as well!