PDA

View Full Version : Noob in Need, finding friends in other instances

jamesfrandoe
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi All,

Pardon me I'm new, I read in the compendium about public instances. a friend of mine and I want to meet for a quest but we always seem to be in different public instances. we will be at the same place at the same time but can't see each other.

what do I need to do to meet up with him to join a party together?

Thanks for any advice.

Loromir
06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi All,

Pardon me I'm new, I read in the compendium about public instances. a friend of mine and I want to meet for a quest but we always seem to be in different public instances. we will be at the same place at the same time but can't see each other.

Thanks for any advice.

Look in the top left corner of your screen..above the little map of your area you will see something like "1-Korhtos" or "2-Korthos". You can click on and change that. Make sure you both have the same instance.

Lithic
06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Look on your little map circle. Right above it it will say "Instance name" "instance number"

So if you are in the second harbor instance, you will see "Harbor-2" above your map. Click the name of the instance to get a drop down and choose the one your friend is in.

Alternatively, join party with him, and go into a new instance (such as both head to the tavern), and the game will automatically put you in the same instance when you come back out.

Rabbi_Hordo
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for any advice.

I think you may be misunderstanding something...you don't need to be in the same instance to join a party together. One of you can /invite NAME the other to the party anyway and go in, separately, to the quest.

TheDjinnFor
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
On your mini-map you'll see a tag along the lines of "<Name> - <#>"; that is, if you were in the Marketplace, you'd see perhaps "Marketplace - 3". You need to make sure that you and your friend are both in the same instance and the same number. Clicking on the drop down arrow next to the name and number of your instance will allow you to select the right number, and you'll need to physically travel around to get the right name. If you and your friend have the same instance name and number, you'll be able to meet up.

jamesfrandoe
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
thaks guys I knew it was simple thing i was over looking.

Brennie
06-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Some notes from Brennie:

If you are in a group, you will always enter the same private instances.

If you are in a group, you will almost always enter the same public instances. Note that a player may always change public instance at will, and players won't automatically switch public instances when joining a party... but when exiting a quest, or moving to a different zone (harmor to marketplace for example), everyone will be put in teh same public instance.

There are several ways to group with someone:

- Right click their name in your chat log, which gives you several options (One of twhich is "invite to group", if you are either solo or your current group leader).

- Type /invite playername if you are solo or party leader.

- Right click their name in the "Who" list, in your social panel, after searching out their name (GOod if you only remember part of their name, or only their class and level but coudl recall their name if you saw it).

- "Create Party" in the social panel, and instruct your friend to find your group and request to join. I only include this for completeness sake as a) if you can tell them to join, you can probably /invite them, b) you are opening your group to join requests from anyone and everyone of appropriate level range (whom you can deny, of course), and c) this way is a lot more conveluded and probably takes longer, though you may end up with 4 other people ready to adventure with yuo and your friend!

Good Hunting!